View Poll Results: Which is your favourite AntiVirus Suite?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Norton Antivirus

50 58.82%
  • McAfee Virusscan

5 5.88%
  • AVG

15 17.65%
  • NOD32

6 7.06%
  • PC'Cillin

1 1.18%
  • other (please specify)

8 9.41%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite AV Suite

Ex-member
    OK, SharedHolder, here's your poll. I've put the 5 most common AV systems up, if you use another then please specify which one

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Nice ,thank you Lamsey.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Forum Star
    i voted norton, but will follow this with interest as i'm thinking of changing because of the time/effort it takes for the full system scan.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by pol@18 September 2003 - 12:52
    i voted norton, but will follow this with interest as i'm thinking of changing because of the time/effort it takes for the full system scan.
    what effort?

Just set it to do it during the night, every night. No problem.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by pol@18 September 2003 - 12:52
    only takes me 15 minutes to scan 32 gigs

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by Lamsey+18 September 2003 - 12:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey &#064; 18 September 2003 - 12:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-pol@18 September 2003 - 12:52
    i voted norton, but will follow this with interest as i&#39;m thinking of changing because of the time/effort it takes for the full system scan.
    what effort?

Just set it to do it during the night, every night. No problem.[/b][/quote]

hehe - i meant the effort on the pc&#39;s part not mine. i&#39;ve done the full scan before a few times while the only other thing running has been ie, and the system slows a fair bit, like with minimising windows, closing etc. the pc is fairly quick too, a p4, but i still find the full scan a bit of a drag. its norton prof 2003 i&#39;ve been using btw if that makes any more sense.

only takes me 15 minutes to scan 32 gigs
    i ususally have around 70 gigs and the scan takes best part of 2 hours . p4 2.5gh

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    For what AV goes your vote Lamsey? &#39;&#39;Norton&#39;&#39;?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    other----- f-prot

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    I&#39;m loving Anti-Virus Guard aka AVG. Easy install, easy program and definitions update and fast system scans. AVG 7.0 rocks, Just the best anti-virus for me, and not a hog on my system resources like norton.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    This is sorta tough.

My first comp came with Norton bundled in and the program has managed to migrate to newer machines with me.

I haven&#39;t tried any other AV programs, so I HAD to vote for Norton.

No virii yet, so I guess it&#39;s working and I have no complaints.

Pol...maybe something else is going on, a full system scan for me only takes around 15 min. also and we have about the same amount of data it sounds like.You might want to consider partitioning your HD. Just put your OS and programs into one (active) partition and move all your media files and Shared Folder into another.
    That way you only need to do a system scan of your active partition as the other partition is isolated from possible virus infection.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast