Thread: How do you know you many 'hits' you got for uploads?

iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    I've been uploading some stuff to Usenet but I don't really if people want it. Is there some sort of counter which tells you how many people downloaded it?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    There are many ways of finding out. One way to see is if it's being watched on request channels.

Another way is to check Newzbin and all the other nzb indexers and see how many downloads/grabs/hits/views it had.

Never give up, keep uploading

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Thanks I was just asking so I can see if people are still in need of what I upload.

Are there any other ways?
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 03-01-2009 at 03:49 AM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    rippinitup4fun's Avatar alt.binaries.*
    While there may not be an exact way to gage the full response (in amount of downloads) to your uploads you should rest assured that if you post to relevant target groups that have activity there will be people that are very grateful.

Usenet is a big source and with the many groups and users and language barriers out there it would be impossible to know how many are downloading your particular upload. Not everyone that uses usenet use indexes or forums for nzbs, many still grab headers and even then some still prefer to not give a thanks and just 'hit and run' so to speak. But this is one of the good things about usenet...Anonymity.

But do rest assured that if you are posting to the proper group(s) there are many who are grateful even if it is not shown on an nzb download counter

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    If you're uploading pretty mainstream stuff to popular groups with proper headers, I'd guess thousands of downloads at least, which is much more than the snatches you'd get at most torrent sites.