Thread: Thinking of getting an imac

Hi, just a quick question. I am thinking of getting an iMac instead of a windows based computer however I was just wondering what its like using a mac with torrents? I have a lot of Adobe software off bit torrent which I cant afford to buy, is it easy to get software and other torrents on a mac or is it just the same?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyG View Post
    Hi, just a quick question. I am thinking of getting an iMac instead of a windows based computer however I was just wondering what its like using a mac with torrents? I have a lot of Adobe software off bit torrent which I cant afford to buy, is it easy to get software and other torrents on a mac or is it just the same?
    you can get any software you want with bittorrent on a mac. there's no difference.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    You can use pretty much any software (Mac version or equivalent) which is available for Windows on a Mac, in fact sometimes it will even perform better and have more features on a mac since Macs are generally more widely used in the professional arena than Windows PCs. This certainly goes for Image/Video/Editing software.
    Best tracker for Macs is brokenstones and is relatively easy to get an invite to.
    Plus should you decide you don't like, your iMac will make an awesome Windows machine!
    Last edited by notthesame; 03-01-2009 at 09:42 PM.