View Poll Results: Should anti-traders be banned from trading?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, anti-traders should be banned they have nothing to lose

76 41.30%
  • No, they should be able to track all trades and report to their admin friends

108 58.70%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Thread: Should anti-traders be banned?

apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    So who the hell is classifed as a good member in a tracker?
    The trackers primary purpose is for sharing a file not taking part in some arsed community shit .. There are better forums out there with much more activity than tracker forums ..
    Since the primary purpose is to share files the members who do it diligently should be classified as good members ..
    Actually no, the people who made private trackers want more than just anonymous leechers/seeders, why on earth would they be a *private community if they wanted that. The whole point of a private bit torrent tracker is a small (they have user limits) user group that are known. By known I mean that make a contribution to the tracker be it via uploading, irc and forum activity not just leeching the files.If the staff of the trackers just wanted a huge amount of leechers/seeders they could just set up the tracker as a public one, but no, they, the people that made the tracker in the first place made a private place to share privately.
    **Maybe you should ask the staff of the trackers that you so want to be a part of what they want and expect from a user. If you just want to leech files then usenet is beckoning and of course then there is no upload ratio required.
    The whole point of the filesharing community and the bit torrent trackers in particular is to share, not just files but to share as a community.
    Artemis its not a community in the first place .. Do u think BT was developed so that we could share the stuff or open "Rate lesbian couple" threads?
    *Do u remember y the Bit Torrent protocol was developed in the first place? It was to act as a decentralized medium to distribute the files at high speeds .. FTP was good back then but then a lot of sites were falling prey to the whole bunch of authorities so they needed something where the content would not just be present at one place but distributed so that if even one of the host dies off u still have others to copy it from ..
    Next the forums were created to help the members out with the common questions etc they had on the protocol and other .. how can you contribute to a 0-day tracker if u dont a a scene/p2l source urself .. tae for Eg ScT and FTN do they allow ur regular members to upload freely? No . They ask if u have axx and then only .. So how is this sharing community shaping out here?
    Also if i remember the privacy and small userbase was given more important after the great tracker bust sequence in 2006 or so when a majority of trackers were taken down .. This was done more so to protect their arses and keep the site secure (I am not talking here from the trader/Anti shit but the whole community shit that the likes of u keep bringing up here) ..
    ** I did ask and the response as stated as always was dont cheat,seed till u die .. Not to keep the forum lively ..
    That brings me to the next question as to which tracker do u think i so desperately wanna be a part of? As far as i remember i hvnt requested sqat here(or any other arse licking forums) expect a ipod tracker or BMTV ..
    Last edited by apextwin146; 03-04-2009 at 09:14 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #112
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Pointless poll and makes no sense!

As someone pointed out the topic title "Should anti-traders be banned"-uh WTH?? Is plain ridiculous!
    Last edited by pone44; 03-04-2009 at 09:14 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #113
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

Actually no, the people who made private trackers want more than just anonymous leechers/seeders, why on earth would they be a *private community if they wanted that. The whole point of a private bit torrent tracker is a small (they have user limits) user group that are known. By known I mean that make a contribution to the tracker be it via uploading, irc and forum activity not just leeching the files.If the staff of the trackers just wanted a huge amount of leechers/seeders they could just set up the tracker as a public one, but no, they, the people that made the tracker in the first place made a private place to share privately.
    **Maybe you should ask the staff of the trackers that you so want to be a part of what they want and expect from a user. If you just want to leech files then usenet is beckoning and of course then there is no upload ratio required.
    The whole point of the filesharing community and the bit torrent trackers in particular is to share, not just files but to share as a community.
    Artemis its not a community in the first place .. Do u think BT was developed so that we could share the stuff or open "Rate lesbian couple" threads?
    *Do u remember y the Bit Torrent protocol was developed in the first place? It was to act as a decentralized medium to distribute the files at high speeds .. FTP was good back then but then a lot of sites were falling prey to the whole bunch of authorities so they needed something where the content would not just be present at one place but distributed so that if even one of the host dies off u still have others to copy it from ..
    Next the forums were created to help the members out with the common questions etc they had on the protocol and other .. how can you contribute to a 0-day tracker if u dont a a scene/p2l source urself .. tae for Eg ScT and FTN do they allow ur regular members to upload freely? No . They ask if u have axx and then only .. So how is this sharing community shaping out here?
    Also if i remember the privacy and small userbase was given more important after the great tracker bust sequence in 2006 or so when a majority of trackers were taken down .. This was done more so to protect their arses and keep the site secure (I am not talking here from the trader/Anti shit but the whole community shit that the likes of u keep bringing up here) ..
    ** I did ask and the response as stated as always was dont cheat,seed till u die .. Not to keep the forum lively ..
    That brings me to the next question as to which tracker do u think i so desperately wanna be a part of? As far as i remember i hvnt requested sqat here(or any other arse licking forums) expect a ipod tracker or BMTV ..
    I know exactly why the BT protocol was originally created and it has nothing to do with it's current use (well except maybe for linuxtracker and other OSS repositories).
    We are talking about private trackers here not the public ones, and I will say again that the people who created these private trackers did so to have a group of known users that were invited to be a part of the community. Now this is an important point because trackers are starting now have higher user classes based on a far more wide variety of activity on the website than just a certain amount uploaded.
    F*** for instance has a whole series of different things that need to be achieved before you become an SU or HU, but there are many other examples where criteria are being changed away from purely upload to other activity on the tracker, i.e. FtN's policy on invites is another example.
    What most people forget is that they are guests of the website that they are joining when they get the invite, it is a private site with its own rules where a group of people created a private place to share files.
    I will say it again the aim of the people who created these sites was not in every case to have the biggest seeder/leecher ratio if this was the case then ScT or TL would be the be all & end all of 0day sites, they are by far the fastest after all with the widest range of files.
    But the smaller private communities that everyone incidentally so need and dream of actually want a different type of user, these rare 'high level' trackers actually want to remain small and private with a known userbase and actually want far more than just seeders/leechers.
    I think the point of being a member of bit torrent sites is more than just to seed, all you have to down is wander away leaving your PC running, not really a huge amount of effort on anyones part and this is why more and more sites are now using no ratio and other means to determine good users and I think you will see this trend continue to grow.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

4. BitTorrent   -   #114
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    This was always going to be a totally useless poll.

If traders want to trade then at FST they have that right.

If members want to report that trade or staff want to find them and ban them from their tracker then they have that right too.

Traders know they trade at their own risk so don't fucking bleat about it when you get caught. If you don't want to be caught then you just don't trade. Now isn't that simple.

5. BitTorrent   -   #115
    <^>^<^>
    No , and i hate to call them Anti-Traders

they should know as " Law Force "

6. BitTorrent   -   #116
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by 010 View Post

And who wants to hang around law enforcement? They are always taking my weed

7. BitTorrent   -   #117
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by 010 View Post

as if i trust the LAW

8. BitTorrent   -   #118
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    With views like this tracker forums might not make much sense.. what's wrong with trackers bringing in the "Community Feel"?? or making friends?? or having fun even??? It might not be what or what the BT protocol was built for but, why does it have to remain limited to just torrenting?? and to point out some things in your post.. trackers like S*T and F*N ask for users with seedbox and/or "AXX" is because that's what users want and expect.. peeps want everything yesterday and squabble over secs and who's got the faster what..in otherwords that part is about "PRE-TIMES" .. why that matters so much to so many is beyond me but, it is.. and yes the idea of "private trackers" did come about from trackers wanting to protect their asses. I think it's become more than just that now.. Now it's to help keep out users that should only be using sites like mininova and TPB, Kazaa even because they don't know how to be a member of a tracker. Goining back to basic torrenting principles here but, trackers are for file SHARING and for some people they just can't get that concept.. So, they use cheat programs to fake ratios to avoid getting banned for HnR because they can't be bothered with following simple rules . That's one of the main reasons trackers run private now-a-days.. and sadly it has brought upon the idea of "Trading" as a side effect becuase of the sites being private and not everyone can get an invite.. which trading circumvents security because once a account is traded tracker staff have no idea who is on their trackers.. and thats the problem with it!
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. BitTorrent   -   #119
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeezfan1 View Post
    Invite or Account trading is against almost every tracker's Number 1 rule. If you break that rule, expect to get banned. Its their tracker, they can do whatever the fuck they want.
    what comes around goes around i only invite people i know and trust to keep a good ratio on sites i have no problem letting my invites rot on my accounts haha

10. BitTorrent   -   #120
    It's got nothing to do with whether people are anti-trader, non-trader, trader or whatever, the fact is trackers don't allow it. That's why it's frowned upon - because it compromises the security and privacy of the members, and the site as a whole.

Therefore, catch 'em if you can.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast