View Poll Results: Should anti-traders be banned from trading?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, anti-traders should be banned they have nothing to lose

76 41.30%
  • No, they should be able to track all trades and report to their admin friends

108 58.70%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Should anti-traders be banned?

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well like i have put in another thread.

Trading invites does not bother me all that much, its the where and how that gets on my tits.

Lets say 2 members are in the bitsoup IRC they get talking over a period of time, they get to know each other, 1 says they love games but dont have a tracker for them, the other says he likes TV but again doesnt have a tracker.

Now the one that has a BCG referral gives it to the one that has the BitmeTV invite and vice versa.

that to me is fine, because they know each other, been talking for awhile, so they are helping each other out.

Doing it on here or other invite sites, is just silly, you have no idea who they are apart from SS and ratio proofs that may not even be theirs.

Its like if you had a private party, its your party, and you invite 10 friends, you also tell your 10 friends, that they can invite 10 friends, and then those can invite 10 friends.

now imgine if 1 of those in the chain, went and announced it in their local pub, "Party at XXX, I can take 10 people, dont care who, and then you can take 10 people, and then they can take 10 people"

When the party started 30 people would know each other, the rest would be complete strangers, which would put everyone on edge, yes they all may be well behaved, and it may very well be a good night, but it only takes 1 to get pissed and act like a wanker and swing a punch at you, to spoil the whole shebang.
    Last edited by stoi; 03-03-2009 at 04:11 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #82
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Well like i have put in another thread.

Trading invites does not bother me all that much, its the where and how that gets on my tits.

Lets say 2 members are in the bitsoup IRC they get talking over a period of time, they get to know each other, 1 says they love games but dont have a tracker for them, the other says he likes TV but again doesnt have a tracker.

Now the one that has a BCG referral gives it to the one that has the BitmeTV invite and vice versa.

that to me is fine, because they know each other, been talking for awhile, so they are helping each other out.

Doing it on here or other invite sites, is just silly, you have no idea who they are apart from SS and ratio proofs that may not even be theirs.

Its like if you had a private party, its your party, and you invite 10 friends, you also tell your 10 friends, that they can invite 10 friends, and then those can invite 10 friends.

now imgine if 1 of those in the chain, went and announced it in their local pub, "Party at XXX, I can take 10 people, dont care who, and then you can take 10 people, and then they can take 10 people"

When the party started 30 people would know each other, the rest would be complete strangers, which would put everyone on edge, yes they all may be well behaved, and it may very well be a good night, but it only takes 1 to get pissed and act like a wanker and swing a punch at you, to spoil the whole shebang.
    So basically what you're saying is that if some one posts here a lot (not in the trading section) and starts talking with another member here for a while, and eventually both figure out they have what eachother wants, and trade, you're ok with that?

Is it just the random posting in the trading forum you are against then?

3. BitTorrent   -   #83
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well if that was the case then you would do it in PM anyway, there would be no need of a trading section, so even if i was against that, not a lot I can do about that if you met on here.

but at least on a tracker you can see for yourself if they are a good user, and if they chat in IRC its more than 99.900 others do on Bitsoup (I would imagine, not a member and never been to their IRC just guessing here).

4. BitTorrent   -   #84
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Well if that was the case then you would do it in PM anyway, there would be no need of a trading section, so even if i was against that, not a lot I can do about that if you met on here.

but at least on a tracker you can see for yourself if they are a good user, and if they chat in IRC its more than 99.900 others do on Bitsoup (I would imagine, not a member and never been to their IRC just guessing here).
    I guess my point was what if its not on a tracker? Do you mind ( I know you can't do anything, but...?)

Your opinion as a tracker owner intrigues me.
    Last edited by Tokeman; 03-03-2009 at 04:21 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #85
    but why not

there are plenty trackers that are open all the time, or at least with a tiny little patience, you can get into them, some even post nulled torrents onto the link sites to get members in, yes they are that desperate for members.

So to me thee is no excuse to not be on any private tracker, and "only" have FST or like site to get into anywhere.

6. BitTorrent   -   #86
    Col. Skillz's Avatar Bacco,Tabacco,Venere
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post

I guess my point was what if its not on a tracker? Do you mind ( I know you can't do anything, but...?)

Your opinion as a tracker owner intrigues me.
    I think it makes sense, you get to know the person a little bit, build some trust. I know what it's like to meet someone at a place like this and talk thru PM's and stuff, it's a lot different than just giving them out in the open.
    Last edited by Col. Skillz; 03-03-2009 at 04:29 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #87
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Col. Skillz View Post
    Another thing, I'm sure stoi WOULD care about UG being better than BCG, if it where true. It's not though (unfortunatly for me), and whoever said that was just being a baby.
    how about you reading some of my posts before talking shit?
    I never said UG is better, I siad I wouldn't trade it for 10 BCG...
    unfortunately for you? this means you don't have a BCG acc? then how the fuck do you know its better anyway?

nonsense. you don't get to know someone by talking to him for a few hours over IRC or msn, this is the INTERNET, I can be whatever you want, I can say whatever you want to hear just to get an invite out of you
    Getting to really know sombody and earning each others trust takes months or years, but as I said not every one of us are borad warriors whith xxxx posts, therefore for us ther's no other choice but to trade
    Last edited by L3g3ndary; 03-03-2009 at 07:36 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #88
    of course there is a choice

just dont become a member

that is the choice.

and did i say a few hours, i meant a few weeks to a couple of months, not just hi, hi, i like games, oh i like tv, ok trade trade trade.

not my fault you are totally fucking unsociable and have an attitude problem on the net.

you said you dont do forums? 47 posts on FST isnt bad in a couple of months, so again, you lied, you do, do forums, this one.

9. BitTorrent   -   #89
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    of course there is a choice

just dont become a member

that is the choice.

and did i say a few hours, i meant a few weeks to a couple of months, not just hi, hi, i like games, oh i like tv, ok trade trade trade.

not my fault you are totally fucking unsociable and have an attitude problem on the net.

you said you dont do forums? 47 posts on FST isnt bad in a couple of months, so again, you lied, you do, do forums, this one.
    you are trying to hard, its a one year old account and half of my posts came from scammer reports and trade related posts in the trade section.. the other half is from arguing whith clowns

I don't have social/attitude problems, but nice try I gotta give you that, I have enough RL friends I don't need to make new ones over the internet

10. BitTorrent   -   #90
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Unless my math is wrong(which is completely possible), he's been here 14 month Stoi, not 2. Which that amount of posts in over a year is pretty unsociable(or just not have much time to post).

And anyways, you cannot really compare UG and BCG. Yes they are both game trackers, but UG doesn't offer all the same era of games that BCG does. They stop at PSX. It would be like comparing NT and BCG. All three sites are great at what they do though.

EDIT: Eh, that's what I get for being a slow typer.
    Last edited by Funkin'; 03-03-2009 at 08:22 PM.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast