Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinion Of A New Computer

Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@19 September 2003 - 03:08
    did i fuck up somewhere?

doesn't "duel" means 2 cpu's?

or is it intel ?
    well, it doesn't matter what board it is anyway, you need athlon mp cpu's if you want more than one...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Double Agent
    got it dude

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+18 September 2003 - 22:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob &#064; 18 September 2003 - 22:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-james_bond_rulez@19 September 2003 - 03:08
    did i fuck up somewhere?

doesn&#39;t "duel" means 2 cpu&#39;s?

or is it intel ?
    well, it doesn&#39;t matter what board it is anyway, you need athlon mp cpu&#39;s if you want more than one... [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s right. And you would need Xeon processors for a dual Xeon motherboard.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by gdsb@18 September 2003 - 16:41
    I want opinion of what compnents do you think a computer should have

what mother board, HD, video card etc.

Tell the best components that you know for a clon machine
    Umm, well there are tons of ways to go with this, and although I am a loyal AMD fan, it Money isnt an issure than I probably would go with a Dual Xeon board, with the max GB&#39;s of 800 Ram I guess, and several 36GB 15k Raptor Drives, with the DVD/Burner/Reader/CD/writer/reader etc etc etc.

Which of course, is why its easier to tailor things to your needs, and your budget.

So gdsb, what is your Money limit, and what would you like to do with the new computer, and what extra things do you need for it. With that info, we can help u out more. You know?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    question is, is the guy willing to pay 3000-4000 or more for a hyper system? yea, u can put together a &#036;10000 super computer, but he prob won&#39;t buy it. i wonder who would, unless it can control everything in that superman movie. (older superman movie)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Btw, what is meant when you say clan machine?

Am i missing something here?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Tell the best components that you know for a clon machine
    It says "clon". I&#39;m quite sure that "clone" it the intended word.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Another n00b starting a thread & disappearing. No followup, no clarification, nada.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    get atleast:
    2.0ghz cpu (intel faster and cost more.. amd is good speed for good price)

128mb graphics (radeon faster and cost more..nvidia pretty good, cost less)

Motherboard: Asus, Soyo Dragon, or Gigabyte with 8x agp, usb 2.0, DDR Ram slots.

80gb+ HD

try to get 512mb DDR ram,(or even 1gb if possible).. otherwise 256mb should be the minimal.

Laser Mouse (Microsoft Intelli point... Ball Mice will jam on ya and nock of mouse pointer precision.. dont let the mouse screw up your game skills.

Keyboard: get one with extra buttons if you like.. the Microsoft Internet Keyboard is nice.

CD-RW if u wanna burn CDs.. make sure it&#39;s 52x24x52. (u can find such speeds for less than &#036;40).

DVD-RW (quite pricey.. only get if u really wanna burn alot of DVDs... or backup data onto them 4gb DVD disks)

Moniter.. hmm HP, Panasonic.. they&#39;re all quite good. I suggest looking in a store at the 17"+ sized moniters and find the best picture quality.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    h1
    laser mouse??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12