Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cutting up video clips. Software?

I have a small project at my hands here.

My assignment is to cut up clips from certain movies, save these clips, and place them all onto a DVD, to show in a presentation.

I'm wondering if someone could recommend the software that I should use to complete this process.

Thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    A good program would be Nero Vision Express, although it only supports a few different formats, when you add the video then double click on the small screen of each video and then it will go to another screen, then select where the video clip will start and where it will end, and do this for each video, and then when you are selecting where each one will start and end double click on another small screen below and it will show you the audio volume, bring it to 200%, have the output in a dvd video output format

This is a really crude step by step, I got to get to some things right now, later today I will have a better step by step

Nero Vision Express

Open 'Nero StartSmart' select 'Make Your Own DVD Video', then 'Add Video Files', browse for and select the videos, when you add the video then double click on the small screen of each video and then it will go to another screen, then select where the video clip will start and where it will end, and do this for each video, and then when you are selecting where each one will start and end double click on another small screen below and it will show you the audio volume, bring it to 200%,

click on 'More', you can select 'create menu on disc' if you want, and 'create chapters automatically' is important to select,

Then select 'Video Options'
    General Tab select either NTSC or Pal depending on the country that you live in
    DVD Video Tab
    Automatic aspect ratio
    High quality 2 pass VBR
    Audio format LPCM
    Custom Quality
    Select Bitrate to have it fit on a DVD
    If you select NTSC then select 720 x 480 and if you select PAL then select 720 x 576
    Then write to Hard Disc folder
    Select Burn
    After you select 'Burn' then select 'More'
    You can set the priority, either low or below normal is good

enjoy!
    Last edited by MackDaddy; 03-03-2009 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    use Total video coveter it fast and lite or use adobe premiere for more comfort

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tazz32_rulez's Avatar DesiTorrents Staff BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    use virtual dub... the easiest out there

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    If it was me, I'd use Sony Vegas to cut & edit & PowerProducer to convert into DVD ISO & burn. You'd need to first rip the DVD video segments you need. I'd use Total Video Converter for this. The audio usually rips out of sync, but you can correct that in Sony Vegas.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mhuktar View Post
    use Total video coveter it fast and lite or use adobe premiere for more comfort
    premiere is awesome and very professional but unless you have the time to learn it I'm sure you'll find a lot of easier alternatives out there

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    I'd also be interested in similar software - I have a load of avi files from a DV camcorder, and i would like to split, join, combine these, adding music and photos in places to create a "home movie" - any reccomendations for relatively easy to use, but feature packed software (happy to learn a bit, and got a good pc).
    <insert signature here>

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    db_la_23's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    VCD cutter is the best

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Frankthetank1's Avatar Über User BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    i have a question is there a way to upload a video to an ipod and include the subs, or when you convert it to include the subs
    “Just because you’re miserable doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your life.”

DO NOT RANDOMLY PM ME ASKING FOR INVITES!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    yep its the best thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast