Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seedbox Vs RS ??!!?

apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    What i dont get is y are ppl paying huge chunks of money just to buffer their accounts a bit instead of using that money to get Rapidshare for a longer duration ..
    The average Seedbox user pays atleast $40 per month which can easily translate to a 6 month account ..
    Rapidshare trully has much more content and 0-day sites at any given time ..
    So If u r gonna pay mite as well get RS ?

Discuss ..

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    RS? Is that a joke?

Their daily DL limits are ridiculous

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    By RS i mean all the file hosting sites ..

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Server's are worth having if you use it for a variety of different trackers. For certain things trackers are just better than RS for. But you're right in that if a person is just using a seedbox for a site like TL then a rs account would probably serve them better.
    See ya in another life, brother.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Newsgroups, file hosting sites... they are all structured for an average person to download.
    They can centrally manage the storage of files, every downloader contributes to a pool that is accessible for all people.

So in that respect they pay better for one to get files; seedboxes used to be giving also instead of downloading only, but today that so many people purchase one, they are rather seen as ratio killer and not really useful to the community, bringing it down to self advantage just like having an account at pay2leech servers.

I like file hosting sites for the fact that you are still giving back by supporting servers that allow free downloading for other users.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Forget filehosting accounts and seedboxes, Usenet ftw
    $11 no speed limit, no download limit, all files stored for 270 days..

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Pixel's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by UsenetGuy View Post
    Forget filehosting accounts and seedboxes, Usenet ftw
    $11 no speed limit, no download limit, all files stored for 270 days..
    While I agree, there is nowhere near the variety of files that trackers have. And I love my giganews!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I agree with apex. Most tracker members(not all) rent servers for the wrong reasons. If you're an uploader for a tracker, then renting a box is totally jusified. Or maybe you have a total shit connection(something like 5-10kb/s up) and it's almost impossible for you to seed. Since most trackers nowadays are filled with seedbox whores, it is sometimes hard to compete if you have a very slow upload.

But if you're renting one just to reach the next userclass, or just to get invites, or just to grab all the new files only to rack a ton of upload on them just to impress people with your ratio, and then never ever use these files, than you are lame. Why throw your money away for that?

You can pay much less a month for a file hosting account(or a usenet account) and get the same files that you're getting off of these trackers with your rented box.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Well you gotta understand many people use it to seed and boost their ratio. I personally use a seedbox to uplaod to filesharing sites. But i use Megashares to download my movies and shows.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    ^ Magashares?
    How is that?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast