Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When is it ok to have dupe FST accounts?

The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I don't think it should be ok to have dupe accs. Putting aside the trader anti-trader aspect, it's just plain wrong to pretend you're someone else (though it's not like the rest of us reveal our identities, lol). Some sites wish to remain unknown and some members here have been around long enough to respect that.
    Last edited by The_Martinator; 03-03-2009 at 05:01 PM.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    ... when you are a staffer kid and want to come here make a post insulting some member (eg, yesterday)

doesnt stop me doing it in my name lol

as to the ops ?

i believe its ok to have dupe accounts if you use them in the rest of the forum, lounge etc, but if you have 2 accounts that you use in the bittorrent section then you have a chance to be banned.
    That is correct, for the most part.

There are some members of the board who have 8-10 accounts and that's just fine. We don't care how many account a person has, why should we? However, those members are not active in the Bittorrent section whatsoever and honestly wouldn't be caught dead posting here.

The only time we do not allow a member to have multiple accounts is when they are active in the Bittorrent section(s) as in the past it has led to scams and other transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by danio View Post
    i believe its ok to have dupe accounts if you use them in the rest of the forum, lounge etc, but if you have 2 accounts that you use in the bittorrent section then you have a chance to be banned.
    i see. so to make an example of this, this is the latest review submitted:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-bit...7/postcount286

this is obviously posted in the bittorrent section. would anyone argue against that this is a dupe account?
    Correct, it is likely a duplicate of another member but was also posted with a proxy. That might lead most people to believe it's a duplicate of someone here but unless we can prove it there is no need to interrupt the account. My other guess is that the account was made for that post solely and we won't see another.
    Last edited by Skizo; 03-03-2009 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yo

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    harshytkage's Avatar Tarders BEWARE! BT Rep: +2
    hehehe...never thought of having a dupe account, what's wrong in posting a review in your own name,...nice to be back!
    Spoiler: Show

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    It should NEVER be OK to have a dupe account in ANY forum or tracker.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    I definitely agree with that^, unless it's for a good reason such as staff/Community Reps on a forum, tracker! I personally see no good reason for a regular member to have 2 accounts anywhere, including Fst.
    Last edited by pone44; 03-05-2009 at 11:15 PM.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    It should NEVER be OK to have a dupe account in ANY forum or tracker.
    Great point.

Well represented.

yo

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by danio View Post
    i see. so to make an example of this, this is the latest review submitted:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-bit...7/postcount286

this is obviously posted in the bittorrent section. would anyone argue against that this is a dupe account?
    Now I'm just curious. Is there any user here with the name Ephisto?
    It sounds familiar to me while "otsihpe" is a really strange nick.

Anyway, I would have difficulties in trusting someone with dupe accounts in anywhere.

Even in cases like this one above I think it's a bad case cause the person don't want to identifies itself as a reviewer "maybe because the tracker don't want this kind of reviews"

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    no_bother's Avatar Village Troll BT Rep: +4
    I insult people, im not a staffer, Im just a troll. and I really think that this is being discussed in other places that it should be, and this thread is a stab at one particular member, and shouldt be allowed

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by no_bother View Post
    I insult people, im not a staffer, Im just a troll. and I really think that this is being discussed in other places that it should be, and this thread is a stab at one particular member, and shouldt be allowed
    i didn't understand all of that but no, this thread is not directed at any particular member.. if you read the first sentence, i said that this is something that have crossed my mind multiple times. the example i made from a posted review was just that, an example. where i looked at the latest reviews and found that the last one submitted was likely from a dupe account.

i could've just pmed Skizo about my question. but since i'm not interested myself in registering dupe accounts, i thought it was more interesting to make it a public discussion and see what other members' opinions about it are.
    Last edited by danio; 03-05-2009 at 03:53 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123