Thread: lol @ Microsoft

Col. Skillz's Avatar Bacco,Tabacco,Venere

I couldn't help but chuckle when I saw that. I read, supposedly, that the red ring of death will soon be a thing of the past, true?

another thing i've been pondering...anyone here think microsoft might have made the Xbox's shitty on purpose? cheaper production costs + costs to repair = more money for them. I don't know many details at all on the whole xbox red ring of death thing, besides they overheat and die, so take my assumptions with a grain of salt.

man bill gates is such an evil buisnessman

2. Games   -   #2
    Pixel's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Col. Skillz View Post
    I couldn't help but chuckle when I saw that. I read, supposedly, that the red ring of death will soon be a thing of the past, true?

another thing i've been pondering...anyone here think microsoft might have made the Xbox's shitty on purpose? cheaper production costs + costs to repair = more money for them. I don't know many details at all on the whole xbox red ring of death thing, besides they overheat and die, so take my assumptions with a grain of salt.

man bill gates is such an evil buisnessman
    Ya, the newer xbox 360's have a smaller nm gpu and cpu which should help stop the RROD from happening. I'm pretty sure that the one of the main causes of the RROD was overheating

I have always felt that the reason they had these problems is because they rushed the 360 too soon. This seems to be a big program with many companies today. They are trying to beat the rest of the competition yet forget that their customer are important.

I'm pretty sure that M$ is loosing money on the 360 due to all of the repairs, plus it is hurting their reputation. I also believe that this has nothing to do with BG, as I don't think he makes many decisions in their gaming department.

3. Games   -   #3
    Hestekoer's Avatar Member BT Rep: +1
    But it is true/facts. 7 of 10 friends of mine needed to fix a failure @ the x360. That is pretty lame i thought. And bought a Elite that had "Better" fans and cooling devices. After bearly year i got rrod ._.

4. Games   -   #4
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Even though i had to have mine repaired they did it for free and they did it within a week and gave me a months xbox live free. Overall i have been mighly impressed with the 360 especially as i used to be playstaion only.

5. Games   -   #5
    i remember reading somewhere that a guy (that worked at microsoft) said that every single xbox 360 from launch, to whenever it was when they started making changes to the hardware, is defective and would fail/have serious issues.
    Last edited by colt45joe; 03-12-2009 at 01:03 AM.

6. Games   -   #6
    Considering they extended the warranty for RROD out to 3 years and if it fails they even ship you a prepaid box I don't think it's that big of a deal. My launch 360 lasted 3 years, which with how much I used it was probably reasonable.