Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steele flunks first "test" horribly

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Rahm Emanuel chums the waters and Steele bites like a chump.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS...eele.limbaugh/
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    The words, "I have enormous respect for Rush Limbaugh" should never, ever come out of anyone's mouth.

On a side note, this is the same Rush Limbaugh that said Donovan McNabb was overrated as a QB. McNabb has since been to 5 NFC Championships and a Superbowl.

Is Steele Rush's bitch or something?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Surely, in a democracy, the majority have spoken.

Although there is a job for the opposition, its not to make the Government fail, it's to point out errors and encourage debate so decisions are made that are in the best interests of the country.

If the Government "Fails" then that has a damaging effect on the country as a whole.

You can have bad Government, or worse Government, but to actually WANT your Government to fail (whatever its colour) is surely tantamount to treason.

I criticise our bunch of tossers regularly, and they deserve it... but i dont WANT them to fail.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced View Post
    Surely, in a democracy, the majority have spoken.

Although there is a job for the opposition, its not to make the Government fail, it's to point out errors and encourage debate so decisions are made that are in the best interests of the country.

If the Government "Fails" then that has a damaging effect on the country as a whole.

You can have bad Government, or worse Government, but to actually WANT your Government to fail (whatever its colour) is surely tantamount to treason.

I criticise our bunch of tossers regularly, and they deserve it... but i dont WANT them to fail.

Yeah I never wanted Bush to fail. If someone came up with a way of doing things that worked and didn't rub me the wrong way (infringe on my rights, for instance), I would be all for it.

Rush is a piece of shit. Steele should have had balls of...uh steel.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Rush is a piece of shit. Steele should have had balls of...uh steel.
    Steele should have had the brains to recognize that while D.L. Hughley (and Chris Rock, et. al.) are very funny people, they are not profound thinkers on matters racial, and, in the case of Hughley, aren't inclined to give a fair hearing to a conservative, whether or not he has the correct skin color.

Conservatives, black or otherwise, don't need to kiss up to liberals.

His apology demonstrates a realization (too late) that conservatives haven't the discipline of solidarity the liberals have.

Rush seems to have offended you, in any case...how, specifically?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Steele should have had the brains to recognize that while D.L. Hughley (and Chris Rock, et. al.) are very funny people, they are not profound thinkers...
    Steele should have also realized the same thing about Limbaugh.

Ole Rush is an entertainer...his only dictate is to sell advertising on his show.
    To actually take him seriously as a philosopher or political guide is ludicrous.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post

Steele should have had the brains to recognize that while D.L. Hughley (and Chris Rock, et. al.) are very funny people, they are not profound thinkers...
    Steele should have also realized the same thing about Limbaugh.

Ole Rush is an entertainer...his only dictate is to sell advertising on his show.
    To actually take him seriously as a philosopher or political guide is ludicrous.
    Rush is certainly entertaining.

He is not a philosopher; I've never heard him claim to be.

A political guide?

I would posit no one anywhere in the media should be viewed as a "political guide".

What he is, mostly, is a conservative.

Anyway Rahm says Rush is the leader of the Republican party (the why of it is a bit of a mystery, but), so Rush invited B.O. himself to appear on his show for a debate.

I'm guessing B.O. will not respond.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    ... so Rush invited B.O. himself to appear on his show for a debate.

I'm guessing B.O. will not respond.
    I'm guessing you're right.
    Then again, I don;t understand why anyone would go on his show.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Would be interesting to see how many times obongo can say "uhh" and "I didn't know anything about that" in that debate.
    Last edited by HeavyMetalParkingLot; 03-05-2009 at 08:32 AM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Poster
    Rush the one that said the drug adiction was the person's fault, they should die in hell? Rush spent more than $8000 on drugs a month, woww nice voice for the conservatives, hurray for them, what a role model

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast