Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why Bit Torrent?

Yoann64's Avatar El Niņo Fan
    My brother used Audiogalaxy, Napster, Edonkey and TribalWeb (now GigaTribe) at home ...and he showed me BT.
    I choose this way ...
    Bienvenida Mamacita - I'm in ruta Babylon - Bienvenida La Juana - Tequila, sexo, marihuana. (M.Chao)

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    People please explain to me why you choose BT as the medium of sharing/leeching files ..
    Is it because it presents you a community atmosphere to download the files or is it that its just more convenient to download stuff using uTorrent or the whole Level game is very hard to resist ..

What is ur main intention when u join a tracker ? Is it not to just download the files?

While we are at it please tell me how many of u have meaningfull conversations/discussion in tracker forums on a regular basis ..

Lastly which do u prefer FST or ur Tracker Forums ..
    i like the downloadin but i like the way i can chat to other bt users from other countrys they play u new music u aint herd before then b4 u no it u tradin away and chattin to some1 the other side of the world which is good!!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    For me, it started as a hunt for mixed martial arts fights. I am and have been a huge fan of the sport and I spent a LOT of money tracking down dvd's of old events for a couple years there, and got to a point where that search was becoming ineffective.

To be frank, that search for old events was the primary motivation for me to get a computer I was actually a bit of a technophobe until I got my first computer and starting exploring the internet. The very first program I downloaded with my computer was utorrent actually, as the friend that gave me my first laptop recommended me looking for fights in the land of bittorrent and told me that utorrent would be the simplest start for that end.

Now, I am a very fastidious researcher and having the access to a huge repository of info that the internet is at my fingertips was an eye opening opportunity and I have run with it. I was a member of DarksideRG within a couple weeks of starting my computing adventure and the social chemistry and noncash oriented attitude was a very refreshing change of pace for me as I live in a fairly affluent city where monetarism is and has been the call of the day for many years, so have been immersed in a greedy profiteer society for a long time.

Now I hold no illusion that the majority of the people using BT for their media wants are doing it for idealistic purposes, but there are a good number of people who inately possess a different attitude about "property" and where that definition extends. Those people I have gravitated to and a good number of the ones I interact with frequently are a member on my site.

The way I see it, the "community" was already there, and not limited to one site or even a few sites. The BT community extends to all the active forums and trackers that exist in this field and the active members of those sites are more often than not, the same active members on a lot of sites even if they don't use the same user name on all of them. But the community already being there doesn't mean there is no room for a new take on an old idea.

At the end of the day, anything outside of just getting files is a diversion and a luxury, so if you happen to find a group of folks that share your interests and an unspoken understanding about what you are doing at the root, then fair play I say.
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    i use all methods.. not only BT. i like other methods for speed and security better.. but the BT community in some private trackers is awesome and this keeps me here

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    TS.org
    I started of using Morpheus away back in the days before it went to some paid bullshit along with AudioGalaxy (RIP) and then moved to using Kazaa, until I found a new kid on the block called bittorrent around late 2002 early 2003 where the movies you actually downloaded where the ones you wanted and have stuck with it ever since lol

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post
    For me, it started as a hunt for mixed martial arts fights. I am and have been a huge fan of the sport and I spent a LOT of money tracking down dvd's of old events for a couple years there, and got to a point where that search was becoming ineffective.

To be frank, that search for old events was the primary motivation for me to get a computer I was actually a bit of a technophobe until I got my first computer and starting exploring the internet. The very first program I downloaded with my computer was utorrent actually, as the friend that gave me my first laptop recommended me looking for fights in the land of bittorrent and told me that utorrent would be the simplest start for that end.

Now, I am a very fastidious researcher and having the access to a huge repository of info that the internet is at my fingertips was an eye opening opportunity and I have run with it. I was a member of DarksideRG within a couple weeks of starting my computing adventure and the social chemistry and noncash oriented attitude was a very refreshing change of pace for me as I live in a fairly affluent city where monetarism is and has been the call of the day for many years, so have been immersed in a greedy profiteer society for a long time.

Now I hold no illusion that the majority of the people using BT for their media wants are doing it for idealistic purposes, but there are a good number of people who inately possess a different attitude about "property" and where that definition extends. Those people I have gravitated to and a good number of the ones I interact with frequently are a member on my site.

The way I see it, the "community" was already there, and not limited to one site or even a few sites. The BT community extends to all the active forums and trackers that exist in this field and the active members of those sites are more often than not, the same active members on a lot of sites even if they don't use the same user name on all of them. But the community already being there doesn't mean there is no room for a new take on an old idea.

At the end of the day, anything outside of just getting files is a diversion and a luxury, so if you happen to find a group of folks that share your interests and an unspoken understanding about what you are doing at the root, then fair play I say.
    Haha, DarksideRG was what drew me in to private torrenting as well Well, before I joined there I used Isohunt for BTT discussion, and I had 2 trackers: Kraytracker and Punktorrents, both for punk music that wasn't available on pubs. I haven't been on that darkside forum in ages, cause it lead me another private forum which I ditched (not a big fan of private forums), the same one you became staff on, and then I found Filesharingtalk.com, which is where I`ve been ever since
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 03-16-2009 at 02:55 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    I was tired of ODC and DC++ and started using torrents because it more fun and secure ( private trackers )

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123