Thread: Restore Cd

johnq86#2
    i have the restore cd that came with my pc but it does not work is there a way to get a new one for free or can i just download a new one and burn it to cd

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    I was gonna post this before but forum was down.

Call up the company that made your pc and there tell you what number to call or section to call for restore. There are help numbers in pc manuals for that sort of things, if you lost it, just call up the ppl that made your pc and ask for a new restore disk . If your not under warranty your have to pay like 40 bucks, it varies from company.
    I had to pay 40 bucks, so just a example.
    help disk comes with most pc's, and there are help numbers in them too.

if all else fails, Just call up information and ask for the number(s) of the company of your computer.

Or go to company website to get a tech help number.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Format hard drive and reinstall OS, that's what I do to restore my computer plus it saves you money if you have to buy a new restore disc. Witch both ways are going to do the same thing, by cleaning your hard drive.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    i think some computers only come with a system restore disk and not a real windows ect. disk.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    muchspl2
    you can fdisk, then just load a os
    xp, win2k ect
    need a boot disk
    don't get it from kazza with out scanning with cdmage
    bittorrent or emule is better for getting os

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Broken@20 September 2003 - 08:42
    i think some computers only come with a system restore disk and not a real windows ect. disk.
    This is very true, my mothers computer was like that it came with the restore disc and not with an OS. Thats why you should always have a OS Disc...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    i have a windws 98se disk but its a upgrade for windows 95 :/

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    you should get a copy of the OS disk and download all of the drivers for your machine and burn them to CD then you have everything you need on two CDs and allows better configuration of windows and doesn't force you to install all the OEM crap with it either.

Also some manufacturers restore cds just point to a hidden partition on the HD so if the HD goes down you will be screwed.
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I agree ObiWan
    I think Compaq does that.