Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Rights

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I shouldn't assume that should I?

Anyhow not only are homosexuals a minority today, but they do also have a harder time getting children (adoption, or cloning if you want to go sci-fi, are not that easy compared to natural procreation), if it was a matter of passing on one's values, if it was a social trend so to speak, then they would still be a minority, since they don't get the same chance to further their beliefs.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    I like how belivers of god come into these debates saying god forbids this and that but it doesnt stop them from commiting theft on p2p or having sex outside marriage

Also human_pet assumes that homosexuaity is only modern , which is completly untrue homosexuality has been around for thousands of years and the human population continues to increase, what is it now 6 billion and still increasing.
    I also see education about Aids has failed you, Aids has nothing to do with homosexuality, it's about having unprotected sex with multiable partners thus putting yourself at higher risk wither your hetro, bi ,trans or gay.

It's seems humans will try to find anything to discrimate agaist each other wither it be skin color or sexual prefrence, alot use the idea of a God just to discriminate more.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    I like how belivers of god come into these debates saying god forbids this and that but it doesnt stop them from commiting theft on p2p or having sex outside marriage

christianity would be much to hard an ideology to live with if you know, could alter it here nd there to better suit yourself.........

and just so you know, in america it is usually the politicians and white southern males who are anti-gay. gays have become "trendy" currently with hit television shows like "boy meets boy" and "queer eye on the straight guy".

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    lynx's Avatar .
    I, for one, am sick to death of hearing about these so called 'Gay Rights'.
    Many of the 'rights' that are claimed are actually things which are denied to everyone, but the gays seem think they are a special case.

As an example, one of the squares in London had the foliage trimmed as part of normal 'tidying up'. The sexual activities of the gays who 'cruised' in this square could then be seen by the local residents, who complained. The gays then argued that the bushes should be allowed to grow back so they could continue their activities. The point is that these same activities between heterosexuals would still be illegal - why were the gays demanding special circumstances for themselves?

We don't see special interest groups being set up for heterosexuals, with millions in public money and grants being put aside, why should homosexuals expect special treatment. If they want to be treated the same as everyone else, they should start acting the same as everyone else, but instead the seem to want to continually bring attention to themselves. I think that in many cases (particularly in showbusiness) they are actually just trying to get themselves noticed.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by lynx@19 September 2003 - 15:24
    I, for one, am sick to death of hearing about these so called 'Gay Rights'.
    Many of the 'rights' that are claimed are actually things which are denied to everyone, but the gays seem think they are a special case.

As an example, one of the squares in London had the foliage trimmed as part of normal 'tidying up'. The sexual activities of the gays who 'cruised' in this square could then be seen by the local residents, who complained. The gays then argued that the bushes should be allowed to grow back so they could continue their activities. The point is that these same activities between heterosexuals would still be illegal - why were the gays demanding special circumstances for themselves?

We don't see special interest groups being set up for heterosexuals, with millions in public money and grants being put aside, why should homosexuals expect special treatment. If they want to be treated the same as everyone else, they should start acting the same as everyone else, but instead the seem to want to continually bring attention to themselves. I think that in many cases (particularly in showbusiness) they are actually just trying to get themselves noticed.
    anyone else notice how easily you could fit blacks, jews, or whoever else you hate into this post?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    lynx's Avatar .
    I'm sure if you wanted to you could twist my post into appearing to be an attack on almost any group YOU wished to. It still doesn't alter the facts.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    So are you actually against same sex marriages or just against positive discrimination?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    lynx's Avatar .
    I don't care one way or the other about same sex marriages, I don't think it is natural, but as long as it isn't 'pushed in my face' I don't care what homosexuals get up to.

I think positive discrimination of any sort is a bad thing, as it happens (but please do not imply from this that I am in favour of negative discrimination). It leads to distortions, people being employed who are not suitable, and resentment, which in turn results in hate crimes. This does not merely apply to homosexuals.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    have you seen how gays talk in tv interviews? have you heard their sounds? their sounds tend to be higher than the average males and what does that indicate? chemical imbalance? hormone thing? something medical? i mean, it's not nornal.
    Thats effeminate.

Not all Gays are effeminate, and not all effeminates are Gay.

Its much easier to "Point" to Gays when they are generalised this way on TV.

As to the original topic.

I think people should be free to marry whoever they want. In a lot of countries the tax breaks are moving away from "married" couples, and swinging towards "with children" anyway, to reflect the number of couples with children that are unmarried.

I see nothing wrong with a Gay couple with an adopted child claiming this type of tax break...its what its for.

As to a Gay couple adopting a child?

Why not?

There is no way you can say all hetrosexual couples are good parents, and surely thats what matters...whether the child is loved and nertured properly.

The argument that the child will grow up Gay just doesnt wash....as most Gays parents arent Gay.

Some people should just face the fact that Gay is normal, and you are born with your sexuality, you dont choose it. Face it, a blokes body is bloody ugly/funny, they wouldnt Choose to fancy it.

Just be glad the girls do (well, the non Gay Girls anyway)

I have a theory as to why Lesbiens are accepted by men, and Gay men arent.... we can understand why the girls fancy girls, we do too.

We cant understand why the men fancy blokes.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    BANNED
    It's a well known fact that children brought up by gay parents always turn out gay.

They are also more likely to become junkies and rob old people.

Most long term prisoners are gay too, which proves most gays are criminals.

That's what I heard anyway.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast