Thread: Any way to fix this?

Hey I have a kimsufi box L (250 gb, 1 gb celeron cpu, 1 gb of ram). If i have 4-5 torrents seeding and add another one, it will only upload at like 2 mb, but when I pause those other 4-5 torrents, the one I am downloading....well the upload speed jumps to 11 mb/s (maxed out-100/100mbit).

Is there anyway to fix this? It would be just great if the torrent I add would not be suffered by the ones I already have seeding...

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Unfortunately the lower end of the kimsufi range suffer from this problem. I had one for a while and had similar problems. When i was seeding 1 popular torrent i could barely sit at 11mb/s for longer than a few minutes. If i had a few torrents running i could only get around 3-4mb/s constant upload.

You don't mention your operating system but something like ubuntu through vnc/nx client and perhaps run rtorrent. It won't be as simple to set up but will run much better on lower hardware specs.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I believe its ubuntu with utorrent through vnc.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    teresckova's Avatar liVinG tHe future BT Rep: +1
    i assume you are talking about your upload speed....well my friend,there isnt a 100 mbs seedbox which can upload 11 mb/s constantly,i think the speeds depends a lot on tracker/torrent/leechers
    if you wanna 11 mb/s upload for a longer period,partial seeding can do that
    Tired.REtired

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by teresckova View Post
    i assume you are talking about your upload speed....well my friend,there isnt a 100 mbs seedbox which can upload 11 mb/s constantly,i think the speeds depends a lot on tracker/torrent/leechers
    if you wanna 11 mb/s upload for a longer period,partial seeding can do that
    no bro....if i have 5 torrents up and say im downloading a music pack from ScT (150 leechers easy)....it will upload at like 2-3 mb/s....now say i disable every torrent besides the music pack and it will INSTANTLY go to 9-11 mb/s.

and on the music pack...the torrent just came out and rss grabbed it. I wish there was a setting that could fix this.

I don't think utorrent has a option where it can disable all torrents except the one your downloading and then put them back on when that torrent is seeding right?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Nope it doesn't bud. You're best bet is to get the slightly better kimsufi box, the specs alone will make a world of difference.