Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Underworld

Originally posted by AlucardXXVII@21 September 2003 - 00:57
    Alright man, you explain the sunglasses, trenchcoats, and vinyl pants

And yes, I think the gunplay in this movie is kind of boring.

I'm not trying to say this movie is ripping off The Matrix, jeez

I STILL LIKE THE FLICK. To each his own
    1.) Latex, not Vinyl. And I said they were going for Gothic, not Matrix fashion. You never see goths wearing sunglasses, trenches, or latex do you.

2.) Gunplay is cool.

3.) You were sounding as if you wanted this movie to be exactly like The Matrix.

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    That chick is sassy and I really like her.

I thought it was vinyl, my bad.

MadDog you need to go see the flick. I told you in that other thread that I liked the movie, but you should see it for yourself

If you are kind of into dark shit like vampires and werewolves, you'll think this is a cool movie.

Just 1 question: Why the long hair, Lucian? Why the long hair, Craven? Why the long hair Mikey? Must add to the mystery of the character.

1 more question: What other movies has that gun expert black guy been in? He's really cool and I KNOW I've seen him in something else!

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    Embracer of Darkness, I think we've had different conditioning. I agree that Gunplay is cool, but I've been more conditioned to violent, eyecandy gunplay.

Yeah mixed with some Kung Fu and big boobs

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    Originally posted by AlucardXXVII@20 September 2003 - 19:19
    Just 1 question: Why the long hair, Lucian? Why the long hair, Craven? Why the long hair Mikey? Must add to the mystery of the character.

1 more question: What other movies has that gun expert black guy been in? He's really cool and I KNOW I've seen him in something else!
    I'll definatly see it!

I guess it adds to the mood and story. I don't think a bold guy with no hair would appear to be a good 8 ft, hairy werewolf. Long hair must be "in" with the werewolves.

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    the chick has got a smokin' figure . It Doesn't look that bad, but I'm still not gonna see it

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    if you guys dont understand this movie then you must be on drugs. It was a really good movie with a really good story line. i really enjoyed it and so did my girlfriend. buying it when it hits dvd.

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    old school
    OK i saw it, I understood it, I liked it.

I think that after seeing Matrix Reloaded your just expecting more out of people dressed like that.
    If you like vampire movies, with lots of gun shooting you should see this.

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    Originally posted by Gutter@21 September 2003 - 09:18
    OK i saw it, I understood it, I liked it.

I think that after seeing Matrix Reloaded your just expecting more out of people dressed like that.
    If you like vampire movies, with lots of gun shooting you should see this.
    Amen brother.

9. Movies & TV   -   #39
    How can some of you say it had no story? Were you paying attention throughout the movie? Or do you lack the needed brain cells to understand what was going on? Not trying to be disrespectful, but damn. Here, let me lay it out for you so that you might be able to understand it.

Spoiler Alert

A war between vampires and werewolves has been going on for a thousand years. Very few people remember why the war started. Some of the older werewolves, or lycans, have grown very powerful and no longer require the full moon to trigger their transformation. This is where the 'death dealers' come into play. They are the hitmen of the vampire world. Their purpose is to take out lycans one at a time.

Enter Seleen. She and her partner are chasing down a couple of big, nasty pups, who in turn are chasing down a specific human, Micheal. Micheal happens to be a decendant from the father of both the vampire and lycan races (Corvis, I think. Might have been Corvin). Corvis was a ruler of some country during a bad plague. But unlike other people stricken with the disease, his body was able to cure itself. He then had three children, one that became a lycan, one that became a vampire, and one that remained a mortal.

Back in the early years of vampires and lycans, the lycans were servants to the vampires, their daytime guardians. One lycan, Lucian, fell in love with and married a vampire named Sonya. They were about to have a child, but Sonya's father, Viktor, would not allow it. He killed his daughter and forced Lucian to watch her die. Lucian gathered the lycans to him and they rebelled against the vampires. Lucian was believed to have been killed by Kraven, but the two actually had made a pact that was supposed to end the war. Lucian stayed hidden for hundreds of years, slowly building up his forces for the right time. That time was supposed to be during the awakening of one of the Vampire ancients, Marcus.

The lycans saught after Michael because his blood, mixed with the blood of a lycan and a vampire, would make him stronger than both races could ever become. Lucian meant to use his blood to make him stronger and end the war. Selene, not knowing what was going on but worried that things were getting out of control, performed the awakening on Viktor, bringing him out of his slumber one hundred years before he was due to awake. Unfortunatly she did not realize that he was the one responsible for the war.

Michael was finally captured by the lycans, and Lucian was about to complete his plans, when Kraven turned on him and shot him. Michael had already been bitten by Lucian, so he was already beginning the change that would make him a lycan. When Kraven shot Michael, Selene realized that the only way to save him (along the way she fell in love with him, sort of a Romeo and Juliet twist to the story) was to make him a vampire. Since he was already becoming a lycan, the transformation completed Lucian's plan, and Michael became the combination of the two races.

Everything came to a head when Selene learned of Viktor's true role in starting the war, and the two confronted eachother in a brief fight that resulted in Viktor's splitting headache.

Ok, so perhaps that wasn't the best description of the story, but I'm sure it's pretty acurate. As for the weapons used, which a lot of people have complained about, it was mentioned at the beginning of the movie that the weapons of the war were evolving. They were getting away from the same old "stake a vampire, shoot a werewolf with a silver bullet" thing. Using "uv bullets" and "escence of silver" (or murcury) was one way of showing that evolution.

Personally, I thought the movie was pretty good. There were a few scenes that could have been better, but overall it was a very well played out film.

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    Originally posted by NCAzrael@21 September 2003 - 11:44
    How can some of you say it had no story? Were you paying attention throughout the movie? Or do you lack the needed brain cells to understand what was going on? Not trying to be disrespectful, but damn. Here, let me lay it out for you so that you might be able to understand it.
    This is exactly what I've been saying... The story was great, with good plot twists, and was easily understandable. While I think some of the acting could've been better, it was a good movie.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast