Thread: A question about forte agent

Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Hi !

I decided to try forte agent with download binaries and i was wondering if there is a way to display the download speed because i can't find it ...

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    dawsonkm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Not that I've been able to find

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    newsgroupie
    There are plenty of free bandwidth meter applications available, so I would not miss it. I usually just look at NetMeter instead of using the newsreader's built-in function.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    wow that's a good way to test the real speed of torrent clients or usenet clients instead of the displayed speed . Can't believe i haven't thought about it

ps after testing it with a lot of bandwidth meters , it seems that newsbin pro reports higher speeds for some reason

where as the netmeter shows the same speed with all test newsreaders
    Last edited by Stabber; 08-29-2011 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    newsgroupie
    That is why you should use ONE metering application when comparing different applications against each other.

At least now I understand how you came to believe that Newsbin is "faster" than other newsreaders -- basically just because Newsbin said so..

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    The same thing happens with bicomet , which shows bigger download speed comparing to utorrent , when basically the speed is the same

Btw although download speed with the metric is accurate and stable , the upload speed gets wrong values for some reason,

i've tried netmeter , networx and bandwidth monitor all show wrong value for upload speed comparing with the upload speed of utorrent
    Last edited by Stabber; 09-01-2011 at 11:19 AM.