Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extra updates for PeerGuardian

Here are some extra block lists that you can use with PeerGuardian, download the zip files, then extract them and copy the text files to a folder, then with PeerGuardian select 'List Manager' then 'Add' then browse for the folder with the extracted text files, and add each one, select each one as 'Block' except for 'Exclusions' for that one select 'Allow'

When you add these extra blocked IPs make sure to check that the IP Address of the proxy server that you are using is not being blocked by PeerGuardian by running firefox through the proxy and go to a IP Address site to get the IP Address for the proxy server and then look to see if it is being blocked by PeerGuardian, if it is then right click on the IP Address in PeerGuardian and select 'Allow (the IP Address for Proxy) permanently'. Also if your own ISP is being blocked by PeerGuardian then select 'Allow (the IP Address for Proxy) permanently'.

http://blocklistpro.com/download-cen...klists-mirror/

This link works but if it doesn't then try again in a few minutes
    Last edited by MackDaddy; 03-10-2009 at 04:04 PM.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    This link is working again

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    4x4's Avatar Elite Member BT Rep: +2
    work fine:]

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    In addition to using Peerguardian, if you use a proxy server then I think that it's best to disable the DHT Network settings in the BT client

If I understand correctly, while using a Socks and SSH protocol proxy server in your BT client, the DHT Network will not go through the proxy, but instead the BT client will make a direct connection to the DHT Network, which would give away your real IP Address through the DHT Network, although your BT client will be connecting to the tracker through the proxy, but because it is making a direct connection to the DHT Network your real IP Address will be revealed on the DHT Network

The DHT Network is closely monitored by anti-p2p

To test whether the DHT Network is leaking your real IP Address while using a proxy server in your BT client

The following is done with uTorrent

First, open a web browser and go to a find your IP Address type site, and with your web browser making a direct connection see what your own IP Address is, and then run your web browser through the proxy server and go to the find your IP Address type site to get the IP Address of the proxy server

Then while using the 'same' proxy server in uTorrent

BTW

After you select to enable and disable the DHT Network you have to close and then open the BT client in order for the change to take effect, also for any changes to the proxy settings and network settings in general you have to close the BT client and then open it for the changes to take effect

With the DHT Network 'Enabled', with only one torrent in the BT client, it would be best if it is one that is not on their hit list, on the lower part select the 'Peers' tab, then right click where you see the IP Addresses and select 'Copy Peer List', then open notepad and select paste

Then in notepad select 'Edit' and 'Find', then scroll to the top of notepad and have the cursor on the very top of the list of IP Addresses in the notepad, and then type a few numbers of your own IP Address, for example if it was 127.221.35.2131 then just type in to the 'Find' '221' then if you see your IP Address appear in the list on the notepad then you will know that your real IP Address is being leaked AKA at the very least a portion of your BT client connection is making a direct connection to the internet

You will probably see 'your' own IP Address in the list and also the proxy server IP Address as well in the list

Then remove the torrent + data, after you remove the torrent + data then disable the DHT settings, apply, and then exit uTorrent

Then open uTorrent, and then open the same torrent in uTorrent

And then with the DHT Network 'Disabled' to the same step by step

Also when checking the IP Addresses in the notepad check to see if your own IP Address in included in the list and also check to see if the proxy servers IP Address is included, now you 'shouldn't' see your own IP Address in the list but you 'should' see the proxy server IP Address in the list

Also make sure to 'Not' check:

'Local Peer Discovery'
    'E Peer Exchange'
    'Limit Local Peer Bandwidth'

And for Protocol Encryption select

'Forced'

And do 'Not' check the box 'Allow Incoming Legacy Connections'

It is very important to use Protocol Encryption while using the Socks protocol, even while using a proxy server with SSH protocol the above settings for Protocol Encryption do fine and I believe it is a good idea to always have it with the settings (listed above) for 'Protocol Encryption'

Because of the importance of internet security if I am wrong about any of these things and if anyone thinks that there are better settings then feel free to make any corrections and also suggestions
    Last edited by MackDaddy; 03-23-2009 at 09:57 PM.

5. File Sharing   -   #5

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Frankthetank1's Avatar Über User BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    can i just add these to utorrent? PG doesnt work with vista 64
    “Just because you’re miserable doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your life.”

DO NOT RANDOMLY PM ME ASKING FOR INVITES!

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankthetank1 View Post
    can i just add these to utorrent? PG doesnt work with vista 64
    I don't have Vista 64 but I found this about the instructions to make Peerguardian for Vista 64 to get around the problem with Vista 64

If this doesn't fix the problem then reply back

Peerguardian 2 download for Windows Vista x64 Edition

http://coblitz.codeen.org:3125/phros...c1-test2-2.exe

Vista x64 users will need to perform the following steps

http://phrosty.phoenixlabs.org/pg2-rc1/#vista64
    Last edited by MackDaddy; 03-24-2009 at 01:29 AM.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    @Frankthetank1

Bluetack offers ipfilter.dat files, which µTorrent supports

http://blocklistpro.com/download-center/ip-filters/

Just extract one of them to C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent

'E Peer Exchange'
    From what I understand, this disables asking peers about their known contacts.

However, other peers that know you might still report you to other clients, no?

So, if you contact A and B, of which both have connection with SPYBOT, SPYBOT can receive my address from either A or B, if they have PX enabled.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnentier View Post
    @Frankthetank1

Bluetack offers ipfilter.dat files, which µTorrent supports

http://blocklistpro.com/download-center/ip-filters/

Just extract one of them to C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent

'E Peer Exchange'
    From what I understand, this disables asking peers about their known contacts.

However, other peers that know you might still report you to other clients, no?

So, if you contact A and B, of which both have connection with SPYBOT, SPYBOT can receive my address from either A or B, if they have PX enabled.
    Thanks for the more in depth about the Peer Exchange function

With the settings that I use I can't find my own IP Address in the peer list in the BT client, and I think that because of that that I'm not making a direct connection anywhere from the BT client, I suppose that a IP would probably find it's self on the tracker's results for the torrent if other peers were receiving it and as they upload the IP info, but I haven't found it yet

Of course this is also while using a good proxy

And this is while using SSH or Socks5 proxy protocol

And the main two that I would recommend are Socks and SSH although between those two I recommend Socks a lot more then SSH, but if you use a socks proxy server then make extra sure to have the Protocol Encryption set
    Last edited by MackDaddy; 03-24-2009 at 02:18 AM.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Yeah, if you use a proxy, there shouldn't be a problem.

But if I only block spybots, then I still fear that by this way or the other, my IP might be leaked.

I don't know if a sole IP is already enough evidence... you could blacken someone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast