Thread: file sort by folder

I'm wondering if there is any newsreader application that has the ability to allow you to sort downloaded file groups by folder, so that they do not all end up in one big chaos in the same folder?

I am using Newleecher right now. The only ability it has that I can find is to sort by newsgroup name, which isn't quite what I'm looking for, since it still results in many different files ending up in the same folder and in my needing to do a lot of sorting work afterwards.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    You are talking about downloading from headers?

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Yes, when I select a group of files I want to download, I would like to be able to have an application which either automatically makes a folder for that group, or which allows me the ability to make a folder myself where it will save that group of files, so that the things on my HD are better organized.

Does such an application exist? Thanks in advance to anyone able to point me in the right direction!

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    In Newsbin Pro you can right click on the selected files and you can choose a folder to download to, or create a new one.
    You can also add posts to different lists, and the lists can have different folder (you have to try to get it).

I've never used Newleecher so I dunno if it supports it.

Newsbin isn't free but has a one time fee (lifetime upgrades). You might be able to find a cracked version too if you search.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Multiforce, thanks for suggesting Newsbin Pro.

It sounds like that application has options that will meet my needs better than Newsleecher. I'm going to try it out.