Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What.CD and freeleech

harshytkage's Avatar Tarders BEWARE! BT Rep: +2
    not everyone has a seedbox, i mean, not all of us have a seedbox, now going on a rant just about that without any material proof is quite pointless
    Spoiler: Show

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    You shouldn't count on just freeleech to get what you want.

Follow colbert's advise as it has worked for me too.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    They have freeleech on their what.cd compilations 24/7. As far as sitewide FL goes, it's completely random.
    What are "what.cd compilations"?

yo

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    If you're asking about freeleech because your ratio is too close to 1.0 and you want to buffer it a little, what has worked for me on both What and Waffles(and also what I used to do at OiNK) is to focus on the comic section. Just about every single newly uploaded comic gets activity(especially the excellent weekly DCP and Minuteman packs), so jump on them as soon as they hit. Also upload comics that aren't already on the tracker. You'll have a buffer in no time.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Or you could upload some big video tutorials – CS4, etc...
    feels good, man

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    They have freeleech on their what.cd compilations 24/7. As far as sitewide FL goes, it's completely random.
    What.CD volume 1, 2 and 3.

Over 9000 seeders there so you wouldn't even get a buffer.

Staff picks are FL too, sitewide FL is never random.

Like what some other posts have said, it's when either they reach a real milestone or while they are currently celebrating the festive season.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    benficao's Avatar All over you Face!
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    If you're asking about freeleech because your ratio is too close to 1.0 and you want to buffer it a little, what has worked for me on both What and Waffles(and also what I used to do at OiNK) is to focus on the comic section. Just about every single newly uploaded comic gets activity(especially the excellent weekly DCP and Minuteman packs), so jump on them as soon as they hit. Also upload comics that aren't already on the tracker. You'll have a buffer in no time.

absolutely

and some of them may be compatible to waffles also.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    it is music compilations created (the music, yes) and selected by What.CD members. Volume 3 was just released. You might call it "indie music"
    What.CD Administrator

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    flashback3r's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Thanks for the tips everyone

As you guessed I want to build a little buffer I want to download so many old unpopular torrents so I have to buffer first

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Specific torrents (as already mentioned here: WhatCD Compilations, Staff Picks) are always FL.

If they ever do a bigger FL it will be to celebrate a site milestone, special event, or holiday -- it is usually limited to new torrents: only for the first 6 hours after being uploaded.

On rare occasions, the entire site will be FL. For instance, on Sept 19th 2008 and lasted for two days. They had an upload contest and vowed that if enough new torrents were uploaded they would extend the sitewide FL from 1 to 2 days. (There were site problems the first day, so I think they extended it even longer)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast