Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: {req} ftn

The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    You just made a ''good luck with your FTN request'' post in another forum and right after that you decided to make one yourself. That's strange.

Anyway, I wish you luck, cause I think that's what you'll be needing the most.

PS: There are other, easier to get sites, that have an active community, why not try getting those (but who am I to speak of FTN's community aspect, just look at my history here)?
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    hagckz0r's Avatar Dreams Come True BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Lucky good luck dust from me...

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by Col. Skillz View Post
    My main reasons for wanting in are because of the "ratio free" aspect and the strong community.
    Error error..System must self destruct

Now that's where your post started to lack logic.
    My friennn, if you're looking for a strong community Fst is the right place for you. And if you're looking for a ratioless sufficient tracker, find someone to buffer your Tl/Sct account and there you go. You got yourself a ratioless tracker. It would be easier to find someone to lend you a seedbox than to find someone to donate money for a ftn invite for you.
    As far as the community thing goes, like a smart man here said(i forgot whom), "A community is what you make of it."
    There are other trackers out there which have a lot more to offer than Ftn's so called community. Don't waste your time chasing ghosts and then end up back in here talking about your failed expectations.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 03-11-2009 at 08:28 AM.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    Col. Skillz's Avatar Bacco,Tabacco,Venere
    @ Captanamerica. Sorry man, It must have slipped my mind. I don't remember getting any PM's from you saying i won but after a quick search i found it =(. it was a really nice GA and I'm sorry I missed it. Don't think i would ignore you mate because it wasn't like that, not at all...I really wanted that invite and it was a great GA =p

back to ftn... thanks for all the support! I'm sure the community won't be some wonderful land of gleeful posters with more active members than here, but I've heard it's one of the best among the trackers, and as you can see, I love filesharing communities =) I know I would spend a lot of time on there, browsing torrents, browsing the forums, etc. And if for any reason i wasn't impressed by the forums there's no chance in hell I would come back here and whine about failed expectations lol =p
    Last edited by Col. Skillz; 03-11-2009 at 12:48 PM.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    no_bother's Avatar Village Troll BT Rep: +4
    Can I just say, that Although Im a troll, this guy has seemed to have gotten alot from this site, but has done so by being a decent member here, of all the crap requests Ive posted in in the last few days/weeks this has to be one of the better ones.

And mate, from what Ive heard (Im not even a member there) is that people go for the high postcounts, and then leave it. any posts are always by new members. Most tracker communities are pish tbh, there are one or two exceptions, but forums are useless. IRC's are where its at, and you would do better to look into some of these other communities rather than FTN if thats where your interest lies.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    bump bump !

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    no_bother's Avatar Village Troll BT Rep: +4
    Hrmm, it seems you ignored my post and albos.....
    Might want to read them tooand resond to them make it look like you care what other people think?

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by no_bother View Post
    Hrmm, it seems you ignored my post and albos.....
    Might want to read them tooand resond to them make it look like you care what other people think?

I don't know what to say mate, I'm not a member there so can only judge it based of off what people say, and opinions are just that, opinions. Even if say their community is terrible, which i doubt, I'd still want it because it's ratio free, has top speeds, and great content database. You could argue that other sites have just as good speeds and content, but they aren't ratio free.

I don't have a seedbox and leaving all my torrents to seed 24:7 still takes awhile to achieve 1:1 with a 60kBps upload. With a ratiofree tracker I could seed without worrying about hitting that 1:1 mark, and instead spend some time in the forums. If the community is lame, whatever, it's no biggie. It's not a dealbreaker, but a great bonus in my eyes. Ratiofree trackers come at costs though, and need good members or the system would get abused, which is probably why invites are so rare in the first place =p

ANYWAY, This thread has been opened long enough, no point in publicizing FTN any longer =)
    Last edited by Col. Skillz; 03-12-2009 at 11:01 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12