Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: File Too Big.......

I`m currently d`loading a mpeg movie, 853245kb, in the description it says its too big to burn to a cd, if this is true, is there any way to compress it or cut it in half so i can burn it? Thanks.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    cd or dvd?
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    I want to burn it to cd.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Old Fella
    Check out AVI SPlitter (available on KL). There is other software out there too that can help to split files.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    netweiser
    depends. are you burning it as a CD-ROM type of thing, or as a video cd? If your burning as a CD-ROM you could always convert it to another format such as WMV. This might help get it onto 1 CD, but will also slightly effect the quality. (allthough i find WMV to be very high quality for the file size). If your burning as a video CD, then try AVI spliter, or another tool that can split movies up. You might be able to find a package dedicated to Video CD burning, including all the tools you need in one.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    if it is a MPEG, then burn it as VCD (or SVCD).

if it's a .avi you can burn it using XCD, available at sourceforge.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Thanks all.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    I'm not sure, but i think that VCDs burn by the length of the movie, not the size correct me if i'm wrong,

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I will correct u VCD's go by size.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Your both correct to a degree, it depends both on the quality(size) and the length of the movie, you can fit over 80 mins on a 700mb/80 min cd, the max size can be about 800mb - 820mb depending on how far the particular cd can be overburned.

But the size qouted 853mb is far too big for a 80min/700mb cd, you could either depending on if it's an avi or svcd/vcd, split the movie, get a 800mb cd, burn to dvd or get a smaller version.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast