Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will A Firewall Stop The Riaa?

I hope this hasn't been posted before but I have question regarding the use of Norton Firewall. I'm using the current version of Kazaa Lite++, and I have Norton 2003 Internet Security. Everything there is an attempt on my computer Norton alerts me and I can see who is trying to get access to my computer, and where they are.

My question is can the RIAA or any of those other f*ckers get access to my computer or go a peeking with the firewall up.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    they can't "get into" your computer, but that's not what they are doing anyways.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    rule no 1 in electronics - if i can make it, someone else can break it.

YES if the intention is there by whomever.
    go HERE

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    muchspl2
    wrong, they can
    you need zonealarm(my fave&#33zygate, outpost those are the one you can import the bad ip list from here
    http://www.methlabs.org/methlabs.htm
    @ the firewall level it works better than peer guardian, and id 1 less thing to run
    less resources, ect..
    you need zone alarm 4 not the free one to put in the ip's

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    the riaa isn't high-jacking your computer to see if your sharing files. the exact way they are gathering information has not been made public to the best of my knowlege. however, my best guess is that they are trying to pull a list of your files if you do not have the privacy block turned on in kazaa or other p2p applications and d/l ing form you.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Well my IP Blocker is updated at least once a day, and I have my Kazaa lite set up so nobody else can see the files that I have. One thing I never understood about that, how can they still download files from you, if they can't get access a list of the files that you have.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    well, in reality they don't need a list of files that you are sharing. they can always just download files and try to match up ip adresses. however, considering that there is some 600,000,000 + files and around 3,000,000 users on kazaa at any given time i think doing so would be very unpractical unless ur sharing a huge amount and making yourself an easy target. maybe that's why they are, or say the are, only going after the big time shares. the little guy maybe just to hard to catch.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I have probably 1,000-2,000 files, but in my shared folder (the only folder that is selected for uploads and downloads I am only sharing around 300 files. I try to move most of the files after I download them. I know that makes it harder for anybody else to download the files that I have, but oh well.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    have probably 1,000-2,000 files, but in my shared folder (the only folder that is selected for uploads and downloads I am only sharing around 300 files. I try to move most of the files after I download them. I know that makes it harder for anybody else to download the files that I have, but oh well.
    Don't download a file that you are not willing to share with other people. Either that, or stop being a wimp !!!

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    nellyhoose

I'm doing the same thing as you, I will put back all of my songs, when this "problem" is gone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast