Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone clear this up for me

harshytkage's Avatar Tarders BEWARE! BT Rep: +2
    Ok...tis may just be a result of me being a n00b or a half-n00b in my mind, but i'm really confused about the tracker levels(i'm not talking about retarded trader rarity levels) i mean the REAL levels, but mainly i'm confused with these 5-
    FTN, PTN, GFT, SCC, SCT

i mean, i know the first three are ratio-free and all but i've never quite gotten to know what would be the Actual hierarchy interms of tracker quality maybe a smple
    tracker1<tracker2<....
    or smfin like that would be nice, or maybe you could just point out the pros and cons of each(or just one) in a few words...thanks(if you post that is...if you don't..no thanks )
    Spoiler: Show

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    They all go in for different content and goals, so how could you compare them?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    thats my point...so don't compare them, just tell me some of there pros and cons, i've heard so many comparisons of these 5 sites i'm really really confused...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    don't compare but tell me pros and cons do you hear yourself ?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    PTN is a video tracker.

SCT is imo the best of the others cause it's got the longest retention and the most (freeleech) packs. SCC is the most convenient for getting 0day music. FTN and GFT are both upload only, but FTN has longer retention and way more content despite the similar torrent count.

The latter are all relatively the same if you download content right after it pre's and you have a decent internet connection. SCT might have an edge because I believe it gets more scene releases than the rest.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 03-15-2009 at 03:44 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by harshytkage View Post
    Ok...tis may just be a result of me being a n00b or a half-n00b in my mind, but i'm really confused about the tracker levels(i'm not talking about retarded trader rarity levels) i mean the REAL levels, but mainly i'm confused with these 5-
    FTN, PTN, GFT, SCC, SCT

i mean, i know the first three are ratio-free and all but i've never quite gotten to know what would be the Actual hierarchy interms of tracker quality maybe a smple
    tracker1<tracker2<....
    Pointless asking because anyone that replies has their preferences and prejudices so you will never get an answer that is completely true.

Besides as has been said a million times before except for a dubious claim of increased security they offer nothing that "lower level "trackers don't and in some cases not even that.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Dont compare them, level just about adversity to join tracker as you know higher level class tracker just giving invites seldomly and never handing out invites to all member most of them working with request application, giving to who win a competition or donors!
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...ratings-298328
    look at there for "Tracker Ratings" this is what you're looking for ...
    Tracker Ratings
    • Trackers have ratings from 1 to 10 in the [#] tags.
    • This is based on Content and Speed and Pre-Times.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    just go and read some of there revire and search ppl that gave some feedbacks on the tracker
    and as ppl said above me the level that it's talked about it's how hard is it to get into mainly

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    thanks anyways guys...i just needed a gist of their specialities!I'll close this now

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    stop beating around the bush, it's blatant that you're trying to find a legitimate reason to request one of those trackers one day or another.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast