Thread: Freenet ?

Poster
    anyone out there who can give me some info about freenet or where i can get it ?(have tried google) the freenet homepage offers little info either (btw i am running freenet ! just looking for some help with configuration
    Open your mind

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    angel_of_death57
    Why would u want freenet its awful you cannot control where you keep files and stuff its an awful program. But if you want it, it has been talked about before do a search it is in one of my topics somewhere.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by angel_of_death57@20 September 2003 - 16:22
    Why would u want freenet its awful you cannot control where you keep files and stuff its an awful program. But if you want it, it has been talked about before do a search it is in one of my topics somewhere.
    why shouldn't i try everything there is out there thnkx for the quick reply
    Open your mind

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    angel_of_death57
    Well i am just going by what i have been told about freenet i reccomend K-Lite (Duh&#33 Soulseek, Sharaza, eMule (eDonkey), BitTorrent links stuff like that.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    FREENET FAQ

Freenet creator chosen as top innovator of 2003

MIT's Technology Review magazine has chosen Ian Clarke, creator of Freenet, as one of the top 100 innovators of 2003 under the age of 35. Its nice to see Freenet being recognised for something other than its ability to scare the bejesus out of the RIAA.

Freenet
    Freenet is a large-scale peer-to-peer network which pools the power of member computers around the world to create a massive virtual information store open to anyone to freely publish or view information of all kinds. Freenet is:
    Highly survivable: All internal processes are completely anonymized and decentralized across the global network, making it virtually impossible for an attacker to destroy information or take control of the system.
    Private: Freenet makes it extremely difficult for anyone to spy on the information that you are viewing, publishing, or storing.
    Secure: Information stored in Freenet is protected by strong cryptography against malicious tampering or counterfeiting.
    Efficient: Freenet dynamically replicates and relocates information in response to demand to provide efficient service and minimal bandwidth usage regardless of load. Significantly, Freenet generally requires log(n) time to retrieve a piece of information in a network of size n.

Freenet QuickStart

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    freenet is more geared towards shareing of beleifes, ideas, knoledge and things that are iilegal to talk about, in this great FREE society we live in, the shareing of files isnt really that high of a priority on freenet

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by angel_of_death57@20 September 2003 - 18:12
    Well i am just going by what i have been told about freenet i reccomend K-Lite (Duh&#33 Soulseek, Sharaza, eMule (eDonkey), BitTorrent links stuff like that.
    i even use dc++ and a packetseaker for irc sometimes as well as those u listed , so its just that i'm curious as to what else is out there
    Open your mind