Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with finding Textbooks

Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Hi guys, I need help looking for some downloadable textbooks for my classes this semester. I need your help in not only finding the textbooks I need but searching for them too. The names of my textbook's aren't the most imaginative so it's very difficult in finding the correct copy for me.

If you find the books please post links. I'm member at at ebooksvortex . If you find them anywhere else please notify me so I join the tracker you found it on.

Also, if you have any recommendations for trackers that carry textbooks,please feel free to post them here.

Thanks!

Thread objectives:

1. To find the textbooks I need to download

2. Tips on searching for textbooks

3. Textbook site recommendations

Textbooks I need:

P= Book type / Middle number= Edition / Last number = Volume

TBA

EDIT: I'm bumping this thread for the upcoming semester. It seems as a few of the sites I had been using are gone. What textbook trackers are available now?
    Last edited by Sanka113; 08-21-2009 at 07:00 PM.
    See ya in another life, brother.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    I found some books on emule that weren't on any torrent sites (i'm a member at those same sites).
    Yeah, i checked and moore - basic practice of statistics is on emule.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i don't have bitme, but do have the other 2 and i've found emule usually has a pretty good selection. couldn't find some asme ref manuals on torrents, but ol emule kicked them right out

another thing, don't know if you've actually tried to study or anything from pdf files, but it didn't work out well for me, so hopefully you have a good printer to print all that out
    Last edited by ifkstab; 02-06-2008 at 10:52 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Nice! Thanks guys, I totally forgot about emule. Does anybody have any tips on searching for books on torrents sites?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    Nice! Thanks guys, I totally forgot about emule. Does anybody have any tips on searching for books on torrents sites?
    Tips:
    The most important one is to get the title of the doc right. This is the biggest problem with doc torrents at the moment. There just isn't any proper way to name it, unlike scene release.
    So what need to be done when seaching for books is to do multiple seach.
    By: author, full title of the book, etc

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Giveaway's Avatar Senior Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by maul1515 View Post
    http://textbooktorrents.com/

The only place I know of that has them.
    this one really helped
    just do giveaways and help who deserves

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    hangemhigh's Avatar semi retired BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I think too obscure....might have to buy em.
    http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=146759&dateline=1186088996

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    VIZFX's Avatar Looking at You! BT Rep: +2
    If you end up buying them, make sure you check craigslist and eBay

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Yeah, i'll have to buy a couple books for sure. Oh well, i'll still keep checking the torrent scene though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast