Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone experience high incomplete article at Astraweb?

I've downloaded maybe 10 xbox 360 games from Astraweb in the last 2 weeks and haven't had any incompletes.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    You got a veritable smorgasbord of responses, which is what you should expect when you ask such a question without going into details.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Yes, I have noticed excessive incompletes using Astraweb with a range of ages on the posts. I switched providers in February. NewsHosting, my previous provider, definitely did not have this many incompletes.

OP,
    Just put your .rars and some .pars on an external drive to be repaired later if it is slowing you down.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Hmmm, I get incomp's, but it only takes a minute or 2 to repair, I don't even notice it, and it's rarely, I think it's my ISP coupled with using a pirated NewsLeecher

But I really "really" do think it's good dependent.
    [center]

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    I'm getting incomplete as well now.

It's all over the place. usually one or two files that need repair.

I don't think its my computer as I just built this on an i7 920.

I got windows 7 64bit running.

Could be the operating system causing this.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    I still have yet to get any. I'm probably not as much of a high traffic users as some of you but I've been downloading daily for 3 weeks or so using astraweb/newsleecher with none.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Well this may had something to do with it, they had a outage on March 21 and before I assume, and remember Astraweb just changed their SSL server too, so make sure to log in and see what the new secure server address is.

March 21, Partial Spool Outage
    Resolved

We had a partial spool outage that lasted approximately 30 minutes. During this time you would have seen many "430 article not found" errors or incompletes. Please requeue these and the downloads should come through perfectly fine now.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    [center]

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I still think my issue is ISP related. Why would I get a corrupted download but after the second or third try it's perfect?

BTW mine are not incomplete because the news client shows the file as complete and it gets it complete to the right size. It simple becomes corrupted. Also the fact that I have got it corrupted using IDM through http and through bittorrent with uTorrent but very rare, only twice I think and through my news clients (it happens a lot)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12