Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the perfect 100MBps seedbox?

Quote Originally Posted by t4eva View Post
    so which servers do you run now? leaseweb or ovh?
    If you mean us (Xirvik), neither of those. OVH because we know of too many exceptions already (there are people who has a great experience with OVH of course, but we also know of others that have lousy connections) and leaseweb because it doesn't make financial sense. They offer good service but overpriced, and the seedbox world is too competitive.

BTW I'm not saying that our current providers are trouble free; whenever a client says he's not having good speeds we immediately offer him to switch a different server on a different provider, which obviously has some workload for us. But we do try to minimize the chances of that happening :-)

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmd View Post
    seed-box.tk

imo
    Way to advertise for yourself buddy.
    There's no way in hell I'm going to buy a seedbox from a company that cannot even afford their own domain. .tk is free!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by xirvflux View Post
    so which servers do you run now? leaseweb or ovh?
    If you mean us (Xirvik), neither of those. OVH because we know of too many exceptions already (there are people who has a great experience with OVH of course, but we also know of others that have lousy connections) and leaseweb because it doesn't make financial sense. They offer good service but overpriced, and the seedbox world is too competitive.

BTW I'm not saying that our current providers are trouble free; whenever a client says he's not having good speeds we immediately offer him to switch a different server on a different provider, which obviously has some workload for us. But we do try to minimize the chances of that happening :-)
    care to tell the primary host name . Makes my choice easier . By not knowing , i wont try your service.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    care to tell the primary host name . Makes my choice easier . By not knowing , i wont try your service.
    No such thing as primary :-) We are currently happy with netdirekt (Germany based) for example, BUT we known at least of an UK ISP whose connection to it is less than optimal (we moved the client to a US server and he's happy now).

I think the best strategy is to avoid putting all the eggs in one basket. It's best for us and it's best for our clients.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    72363 BT Rep: +4
    OVH.pt , it's the best and cheapest.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cstrik3 View Post
    OVH.pt , it's the best and cheapest.
    yeah but its only great if you plan to peer to other people in Europe, not so fast when everyone downloading off it is in usa or pacific

Quote Originally Posted by seedhost-net View Post
    Perfect = LEASEWEB,
    yeah i agree, its not only super fast to europe but also to usa and pacific
    Last edited by ducile; 03-21-2009 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    72363 BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by ducile View Post
    yeah but its only great if you plan to peer to other people in Europe, not so fast when everyone downloading off it is in usa or pacific

Quote Originally Posted by seedhost-net View Post
    Perfect = LEASEWEB,
    yeah i agree, its not only super fast to europe but also to usa and pacific
    i agree, but leaseweb it's too much expensive.. talking about traffic limit..

if he wants unlimited traffic leasweb will be expensive..

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster
    server.lu?

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Charger's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yep definitely server.lu !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12