Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is It Time To Give Up On Kazaa?

Kazaa has been a very good P2P sharing application for the time it's been around.
    But the Fast Track Network itself is brutally outdated.
    The sharing algorithms need to be re-written to adherre to new industry standards, such as g-zip compression and .Net http protocol.

Now, there's no way to fix this, either through suggesting a rennovation or by rewriting the K-lite/Kazaa code itself.

Lets face it, Kazaa is dead. Everyone is running for their lives because of the RIAA, and I'm unable to find any rich, snobby users to download from in my area, or anywhere even remotely near me for that matter.

We need to bring the users back, but not back to Kazaa.

Why not teach people how to use BitTorrent, which has the potential to beat Kazaa in both bandwidth and sharing issues, if we have enough users.

Using torrent provides us with just as much sharing and downloading opportunity, but at the center of security, because there are no centralized servers to monitor your IP.

Just a thought...

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Your opinion is possibly a fair statement. however, this not the thread to post this here. Please look around the first and post accordingly.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Kazaa is not dead. It is still the best P2P and mostly the only peeps running from RIAA is Noobs and they probably have that many files anyway. All that G-Zip shit fuck that Kazaa is fine the way it is.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Maybe time to use other p2p's more and be very careful if you have to use k++.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by teqguy@20 September 2003 - 18:35
    Kazaa has been a very good P2P sharing application for the time it's been around.
    But the Fast Track Network itself is brutally outdated.
    The sharing algorithms need to be re-written to adherre to new industry standards, such as g-zip compression and .Net http protocol.

Now, there's no way to fix this, either through suggesting a rennovation or by rewriting the K-lite/Kazaa code itself.

Lets face it, Kazaa is dead. Everyone is running for their lives because of the RIAA, and I'm unable to find any rich, snobby users to download from in my area, or anywhere even remotely near me for that matter.

We need to bring the users back, but not back to Kazaa.

Why not teach people how to use BitTorrent, which has the potential to beat Kazaa in both bandwidth and sharing issues, if we have enough users.

Using torrent provides us with just as much sharing and downloading opportunity, but at the center of security, because there are no centralized servers to monitor your IP.

Just a thought...
    well here we go again teqguy this is not the right place for this post, second why is it that i keep seeing you talk crap about klite and still here and using it, you don't like it good day, either come up with a better one, use it and deal with it or beat it, are you not tierd of naging yet?? every single post i have seen from you on this forum is a nag about klite and how it can't do this and can't read that and can't connect to this and can't read that bla bla bla bla wtf!!! either do something about it or hush up damn nager

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    i think if yr not happy here u shud look 4 another p2p server

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    well yes it is time to give up the real file is impossible to get source and the rest are fakes

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Is It Time To Give Up On Kazaa?
    No way !!!!
    LOL !!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Kazaa Rules! And BitTorrent is wierd... Useful, but wierd...

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    internet.news
    Kazaa is the best at the moment - although I wish audiogalaxy would be
    back soon :) it was the fastest - but the second p2p best tools are soulseek
    ( http://www.slsk.org ) and imesh (which was taken to courts shortly, but I do not know if it is still there, I think so!) http://www.imesh.com ....

thks...

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast