Thread: Some Nice Person Answer Newbie Questions?

I am now using a proxy - thanks for the wonderful posts. I'm getting about 0.67 or o.70 kbs. Is that reasonable? I'm all for sharing, since I've got (and gotten) a lot of great stuff But I am poor and in the U.S. any more advice would be great!

P.S. I use sprint, the told me they will cooperate with any/all law enforecement agencies re IP's....

Thanks kindly

Noobiewon

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    For a 56k modem 07kb/s is not good the avarage is 5kb/s. So i suggest you use a diferant proxy or non at all. Just click in your options for users not to see your files, and you should be fine.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Wow... considering I'm using a 1.3mb dsl connection, and you think those ratings were ok for 56k modem... I must be doing something wrong.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Seriouly, try it without a proxy. Also check how many sources you can have per downlaod.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    not good I used to get 5k with 56k

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    noobiewonkenobe
    Posted on 20 September 2003 - 21:37
    P.S. I use sprint, the told me they will cooperate with any/all law enforecement agencies re IP's....
    And DON'T talk to your isp about KL or any other p2p.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by noobiewonkenobe@20 September 2003 - 22:50
    Wow... considering I'm using a 1.3mb dsl connection, and you think those ratings were ok for 56k modem... I must be doing something wrong.
    try to find better proxies, and remember that your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed