Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Freaking Creditors

asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    I don't know if anyone remembers but awhile back I was trying to pay off my debt. I had a $900 Credit card that went into debt, that I did not pay off. 3 years later the debt went from $900 to $2300 (interest). About that time I called to try and get it fixed. I called them and they said they would settle for $900 or $88 for 2 years. I did not have the $900 so I went with $88 for 2 years.

SO more then 7 months later I called them because now I have money. I asked them if we can settle for the rest that I owe. According to them they have not received a payment from me since January. That our agreement for $88 a month for 2 years was void. I was mad but what ever, I want to settle, so I asked how much would they settle for now.

They said $1300!!!! So I asked how much have I paid you guys so far? $700. $700 later and I have to pay more? Yes you haven't paid $88 in two months and there has been interest. So I asked how much is the debt now? She said $1700.

These people are assholes. How can they offer $900 over 7 months ago, and after $700 worth of payments offer $1300 and deny ever offering $900!!!

This debt collector is called Unifund btw
    Last edited by asmithz; 03-23-2009 at 04:46 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    You didn't pay it off for basically almost 4 years. Be grateful they don't want to repossess your soul and give them the money. Chalk it up to an expensive lesson in life. And well done btw for being a man and finally facing up to your responsibilities.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    If I was grateful I'd also be a sucker

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Why do people feel the need to come here and whine about their shitty lives?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    sorry i bothered you

I was more looking for advice, but I see that nice people don't come to FST anymore. Just a bunch of assholes.

BTW my life is great. I just don't like creditors.
    Last edited by asmithz; 03-23-2009 at 05:11 PM.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Why do people feel the need to come here and whine about their shitty lives?
    Yeah, I hate it when people do that.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Btw....is that you in your avatar?

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Unfortunately you got suckered into a creditors favorite scam. They settle on a number and then renig latter.

You should never make a single payment to a creditor with regard to a settlement without getting the final settlement amount in writing first.

Try to talk them down as much as possible on the remaining balance. Once a number is agreed to, tell them you'll make the first payment or total payment immediately after receiving written confirmation of the total settlement. I'd try to get them down to the remaining $200.

yo

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    You were financially irresponsible and you had to pay the price. Cleary the bank had the right to accrue a free. Frankly, I don't see what your problem is.
    Now go away.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    The bank isn't collecting anything. It's a creditor.

yo

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast