Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I (finally) made the switch to Newsgroups

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Are you going to represent any reasons for it being "better" or any functions it has which put it above the other clients, or just say it is?

I've used it in the past and came back to Alt.Binz as it is a simpler app which still suits all my needs.

yo

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Where is the SuperSearch in alt.binz, the NL SS tab?
    Last edited by KFlint; 03-25-2009 at 09:42 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Yes. But unless you pay for it, I assume it won't work.

Supersearch is over-rated anyhow. It was the shit several years back but now indexing is no big deal. There are two other methods which are integrated into Alt.Binz which I prefer and neither of them are Supersearch.

yo

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    hugoblank's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I haven't done side by side comparisons between all nntp clients and will not tell you that I have chosen the very very BEST!

For what its worth, I've been using newsbin for awhile and I like it. It works. Check it out if you want.

Regards,

Hugo

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Musketeer
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    Hey,

However, I was wondering if there's really a major advantage to have a pay site like newzbin to find content easily?
    Its not exactly a necessity, you can get everything you need without it.

But I think the ultimate combo is:

Astraweb+Newzbin+SABNZBD

It means I can be on any web browser - including the one on my phone - and browse files, click on the 'bookmark' symbol beside the thing I want and the PC at home running SABNZBD immediately picks it up, downloads it, extracts it and saves it so its ready to go.

It doesn't get any easier than that

Oh - and if you want to go one step better, run ORB and you can then start watching/listening to it immediately from wherever you are!

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    I like Newsbins simplistic interface. Since their are not really any working fixes after version...5.35 - Build 8142 I only use that one, Newsbin is what I started with. Newsleecher has many options that are automated, which makes downloading a breeze, it detects if the file is broken and re-downloads it if a server hiccup happens, instead of downloading a incomplete file as Newsbin will do as well as Alt.binz, it will download a incomplete if you force it... Alt-binz is my pick for free newsreader although SABnzbd is simple to.

Super Search is not over rated, it saves me so much time from going to a search engine, plus it helps me find goodies to release here. I rely on FST for my NZB's, but what I can't find, Super Search will, or I'll up it. With Newsleecher, the client (as in fix) is setup to use Giganews's server, so very reliable NZB index server, it grabs it's results from them. Newsleecher with current fix has been "bug free" on both XP and Vista SP1.

PS, anyone not "paying" for Newsbin Pro will not be able to use SSL...just to let ya know, and with alt.binz (if you didn't pay) will result in your downloads being corrupted.
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 03-26-2009 at 02:44 AM.
    [center]

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Skizo,

What 2 methods in Alt.Binz do you prefer to NL's Super Search?

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Skizo NL SS beats every other method in Alt.Binz. But you do have to pay for it. I do preffer NL SS. Then my next option is Easynews web interface. You can search for any file there as well and it even gets .iso and movie files inside rars for you to download.
    Last edited by saulin; 03-26-2009 at 03:21 AM.

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    nzbmatrix is a great nzb indexing site. But you have to donate $10 to get unlimited nzb file downloads and 270 days of retention and they have a vast amount of nzb files from basically every catergory of interest, games, movies, music etc (I did donate). I also have grabit (free newsreader) but may try out newsleecher (after reading the posts in this thread).
    Last edited by grimms; 03-26-2009 at 07:37 PM.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    dutchmaster420's Avatar God's Son
    if u prefer indexing sites go to nzbsrus.com...you can only dl 5 nzbs a day but at any rentention...i find it much better than nzbmatrix.com...for search sites nzbindex.com, binsearch.info, newzleech.com and others

really theres no need for sites like newzbin, nzbsrus, nzbmatrix.com if you know how to search headers/search sites extc
    Last edited by dutchmaster420; 03-26-2009 at 09:49 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast