Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Knows Stuff About Airsoft Pistols?

I'm sort of interested in getting a BB gun pistol, Airsoft i guess is the going term for them (i'm not "down" with the lingo on this yet). I've seen some that have a strip of BBs that you load into them with a spring (hard to explain, basically a long piece that you load the BBs into with a spring for loading), but I would like one with a clip. Do they make airsoft pistols with clips rather than that thin loading thingy? Also, could you recommend electronic or gas? I would like a smaller airsoft pistol, something like a walther PPK, small and compact rather than a longer type such as a baretta. So if you could recommend a model (if they had a PPK, that would be cool), please do so.

Thanks for any info!

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Double Agent
    yeah i've had one of these when I was a kid

my dad bought me with the one that uses a spring to cock and a clip for ammos. but it didn't last long as the spring gets tired and becomes flexible.

i'd recommand gas because you get better range.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    From searching around, i've heard that gas is a little better, get better range etc... My guess is it does run out a little faster though. I would like to spend a little under a $100 for the gun, so hopefully that will buy me something that won't wear out. I think I've found a place to get replacement springs for airsoft guns though so that shouldn't be much of a problem if the spring gets worn from cocking the gun.

If anyone could recommend some clip loading pistols, i'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Double Agent
    yeah after you buy the gun you can ditch all your weights cuz you dont need them anymore

spring guns are tiresome to cock and your arm gets tired very quickly from all the cocking.

I remember I had to use my both hands to cock my gun...

but then that was when I was a little kid...

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Actually, I'm looking for a semi-auto. My neighbor got one a little while ago, and his is semi auto. I'd get the kind he has, but it doesn't have a clip for the ammo, its that spring loading piece that the bbs go into. That the spring loading piece is also technically called a clip.... but what I want is a full sized magazine clip that would be a replica of what a real pistol would have.

I've found some airsoft Walther PPK and P99 models online, but I'm a little confused on what brand to go with... some that I've come across were Maruzen, Marushin, KWC, and KJW...

Also, anyone know if these brands work with the small CO2 cartridges?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    A brand called " Les Trois Pylones" (French??) make a gas powered Walther PPK in Stainless Steel finish or standard Black. Although the Black model is made of High Density plastic whereas the Stainless Steel finish model is actually made of metal so I'd go with the Stainless every time. I own the Walther P99 version and its great!! It has a real weight to it and a "real" magazine as opposed to the dreaded skinny clip. Les Trois Pylones also do a great MP5KA4 which has a fully automatic system. Hope this helps. Are you gonna progress to REAL firearms??
    Signature removed

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    I don't get it, whats the point of getting a gun when you can't shoot anything?
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Double Agent
    you can point it at police and play cat and mouse

ps: i hope you have life insurance

9. Lounge   -   #9
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    if i was you i wouldnt get a gas pistol, cos i think you need to buy new canisters everytime you use it.

this is what i had as my first gun

G10

this ones pretty accurate and can break bottles at about 15 metres if you good. but the rubber seal inside wears down and you lose power after a couple of tins of BBs

10. Lounge   -   #10
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    You can get metal deseart eagles (as in my sig), gas loaded, semi automatic, and they are suprisingly painful, My friend had one and a couple of mini colts, he shot me from across the room in the leg for a luagh (plastic BB) and it broke skin

Was funny afterwards though, what do you intend to be shooting, just for fun or are you looking for an animal repellant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast