View Poll Results: Trading acc/inv for RapidShare acc?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep, I agree, seems fair

15 34.09%
  • No, that's like selling the acc/inv

29 65.91%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trading or selling?

Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    8 FST accts for trade.

Anything that has a monitary value of 5p or up will be considered.
    Now go away.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    n00b
    I don't get why people get so up in arms about people selling their invites. I read the argument that if anyone should be making a profit it's the site owners, but most of them do anyway - and if we're really going to get down to it, they're profiting from something that is illegal anyway (in most places). So it doesn't seem like anyone has the RIGHT to profit from the sites at all.
    But that's not even my point. It seems to me that if someone is really that eager to join a community that they will pay money to do it then they are most likely to be a valued member. After all, if you're financially invested in something you're much less likely to do something to get yourself banned.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Only absolute scum of the earth cunts would make money from running a tracker IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Springgirl
    So it doesn't seem like anyone has the RIGHT to profit from the sites at all.
    Exactly.
    Now go away.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Fun.T.Claps View Post
    Any exchange for something that can be bought immediately is no different from selling.

FST Torrent shop.
    so trading an ScT invite is selling?
    Go Leafs Go.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    8 FST accts for trade.

Anything that has a monitary value of 5p or up will be considered.
    Selling your Polarbear account?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Springgirl View Post
    I don't get why people get so up in arms about people selling their invites. I read the argument that if anyone should be making a profit it's the site owners, but most of them do anyway - and if we're really going to get down to it, they're profiting from something that is illegal anyway (in most places). So it doesn't seem like anyone has the RIGHT to profit from the sites at all.
    But that's not even my point. It seems to me that if someone is really that eager to join a community that they will pay money to do it then they are most likely to be a valued member. After all, if you're financially invested in something you're much less likely to do something to get yourself banned.
    You may see things differently if you are a staff/owner of a tracker.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    Any exchange for something that can be bought immediately is no different from selling.

FST Torrent shop.
    so trading an ScT invite is selling?
    it is high likely
    Last edited by bilkenter; 03-26-2009 at 02:08 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    It's selling, same as trading for seedboxes. You are just putting another step in the middle to avoid the word money in the transaction, that's all.

As for the ScT question, I hear some get invites without buying them, so trading those would not be considered selling, it's still retarded, but it's not selling. But countless times I've seen scumbags literally selling those invites (it has not happened in FST for some time now, but it has happened before).
    Last edited by kaffeine; 03-26-2009 at 02:46 PM.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I really dont get it, i mean ok trade is bad bla bla , but when i was naive in this bittorrent world, i traded, but still the guy that i traded turned out to be my best friend, he came to our university because of a tour, i went Istanbul et cetera, i mean not all traders are what you think, there are some who makes give aways more than most here. They help you get whereever you want, they just use trade as a means to get what they want, other than that, they are not really different from us, i cant generalise for all the traders, yet there are some who are really nice, contributing, helpful you name it. Also what i dont understand is this, back in time, i traded a seedbox for bitme account, i mean i got bitme via seedbox, cuz i needed e book materials and such, the account had 1 gb buffer or such, i made 100 gb more buffer, i was active on forums, trying to upload some stuff et cetera. So what are peoples arguments against this kinda trader? Really want to know, you cant generalise that all traders are the same, You can at most say that we have no means of knowing those guyz, but this is where the relationship between users and torrent owners admins staff comes in right? I really would luv to be enlightened. Thank you
    Last edited by bilkenter; 03-26-2009 at 02:51 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    The trading vs non trading debate has been done and re-done to the death, in the end no one will change their minds, so I don't see how it will be different if we get into that discussion this time.

The fact that a trader gets an account and then becomes a "good user" has also been discussed (read stoi's posts about it for example). He was not a good member to begin with (because of the way he got the account/invite) and anything he does with the account will not change anything.

Regarding giveaways, people talk about them as if those are the best thing that a member could do. Well, it's not. Most staffers consider public giveaways the same as trading.

No one will "enlighten" you. Everyone has their opinions and points of view, and act according to them. They should also face the consequences of their actions if there are any. Trying to change someone else's opinion is pointless.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast