View Poll Results: Trading acc/inv for RapidShare acc?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep, I agree, seems fair

15 34.09%
  • No, that's like selling the acc/inv

29 65.91%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trading or selling?

alupizor's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I saw some people trading tracker accounts/invites for rapidshare accounts. I personally think that is the same as selling the account, which is far worse than trading.

What do you guys think? I mean, next thing you know, someone could ask for some amazon.com products shipped to him in order to invite the buyer to UKT.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by alupizor View Post
    What do you guys think? I mean, next thing you know, someone could ask for some amazon.com products shipped to him in order to invite the buyer to UKT.
    Sure someone could, but whichever party went first would need to have a great deal of confidence that the other person would fulfill the agreement. You cannot possibly middleman that kind of trade.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Any exchange for something that can be bought immediately is no different from selling.

FST Torrent shop.
    Last edited by Fun.T.Claps; 03-26-2009 at 09:45 AM.
    Now go away.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fun.T.Claps View Post
    Any exchange for something that can be bought immediately is no different from selling.
    Yes it is.

You see RS accounts traded all the time. Just because someone could buy a RS account doesn't mean that people are going to RS, buying an acct, logging in to FST to trade it. There are plenty of 8 month RS accts, etc which to me appear to be members who didn't like the service and now wish to trade it away.

And tbh, who really cares if someone buys an invite? It isn't like it puts a tracker at any greater of a risk than trading or simple giveaways. Either way the invite is not going to a known or trusted recipient. The fact that there may have been a monetary exchange is moot.

It's just one more thing for people to bitch and moan about.

yo

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Imo invites are free, you don't have to give your inviter anything (money or otherwise).

In this case, I'd call it selling, cause you have to pay for the RS account. IMO

Like I said, it doesn't matter to me, cause trading isn't much better.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    ^^continuing off Skizo's post

From a tracker's perspective users are profiteering off the site's hard work, which should obviously piss them off enough to hunt them down and ban them. I mean if anyone should be getting paid it should be them, right? From a user's perspective your point is absolutely correct. Just something else for the 'pure' anti-traders to complain about, because if you're noticed frowning upon trading enough then surely you'll be repaid by getting request fills

(But everyone keep in mind that invite selling is not allowed on FST; don't get any ideas..)
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 03-26-2009 at 10:23 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I was just referring to the "safety" aspect, which is what most user act like they're in a tiff about. However, I do see your point about the profiting and whatnot.

yo

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    It all comes down to a question of who you are giving your account or trading with. Is it someone who will keep your legacy in the site or someone who will leech all the time? kinda sensitive on the issue, better not talk further

edit: Also recently safety thing occured to me, well i trust a friend of mine, he is someone i know from real, i let him just look at my account, and i am banned, not that i am complaining about it, they were right at banning me though i knew to whom i gave my account details to just check, and knew for sure he wouldnt log in again. Still it is rules, and his pc might be infected with anything, didnt occur to me at the time, someone could hack my acccount, and mess with site if they know their way around. Noone has right at doing so, i mean they are the ones who put their asses on the line, at least we can do is respect their rules even if we dont like it.
    Last edited by bilkenter; 03-26-2009 at 10:30 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BANNED BT Rep: +4
    that's really like selling basically.... you can't get a rapidshare for free (well you if you trade it but that's what this discussion is about), an invite you can.

Problem is that most people are for 1 year rapidshare for a decent invite, thats like almost 60 euros. To me that's selling.... and NOT good.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by pridah View Post
    you can't get a rapidshare for free
    Upload files, earn points - then you can get premium for free.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast