Thread: Boost Fps In Graphic Intensive Games...

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    i posted this originally in the gamesworld discussion section, under Is My....., ..... thread.

control panel>appearance and themes>display>settings tab>advanced button>click on ur vid card tab (top right, usually)>direct 3d settings, click on the drop down menu that says mip map detail to the right of it and select high performance. the graphics in the games that i have haven't gone down a bit, and i get 7-10 fps more!!!!    , this is by far the best tweak i've ever used for games!!!! oh, and another crazy ass trick clears up resources and cleans up ur cpu power, so u can play graphic intensive games: click start>run>"Rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks" , hit okay and don't do anything for 10-20 minutes, it'll look like it's doing nothing (the computer), but infact it is, so read a book or something until 20 minutes is up. now start up that graphic intensive game, and wholla! before applying the above mentioned tweaks to my comp, i was running the already "enhanced" doom 3 alpha at 10 fps average, after the tweaks, 20 freaking fps!!!!!                   , there is a god! 
    hope that helps guys out there that have crappy comps like mine, i got the rundll tweak from tweakxp.com, hats off to them. my specs:

amd athlon 1.2 ghz
    384 ddr mb ram
    120 gb hdd(with 90gb free)
    32 mb geforce mx 100/200 with latest drivers from nvidia
    crappy old motherboard.

hope this helps anyone looking for some more power from there pc. pls give me some feedback as to how good these tweaks work , oh, don't flame pls, just trying to help out the klite community.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    First, post this in Tips, Gameworld, Softwareworld, or Hardwareworld.

Second, it depends on the game. What game did u get that extra fps in? wont be the same in new games. Some games wont make a difference while other will when you lower any of the graphics settings.

This will prob help some people.. depends

3. Lounge   -   #3
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    Originally posted by cpt_azad@21 September 2003 - 06:28
    i posted this originally in the gamesworld discussion section, under Is My....., ..... thread.

control panel>appearance and themes>display>settings tab>advanced button>click on ur vid card tab (top right, usually)>direct 3d settings, click on the drop down menu that says mip map detail to the right of it and select high performance. the graphics in the games that i have haven't gone down a bit, and i get 7-10 fps more!!!! , this is by far the best tweak i've ever used for games!!!! oh, and another crazy ass trick clears up resources and cleans up ur cpu power, so u can play graphic intensive games: click start>run>"Rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks" , hit okay and don't do anything for 10-20 minutes, it'll look like it's doing nothing (the computer), but infact it is, so read a book or something until 20 minutes is up. now start up that graphic intensive game, and wholla! before applying the above mentioned tweaks to my comp, i was running the already "enhanced" doom 3 alpha at 10 fps average, after the tweaks, 20 freaking fps!!!!! , there is a god! 
    hope that helps guys out there that have crappy comps like mine, i got the rundll tweak from tweakxp.com, hats off to them. my specs:

amd athlon 1.2 ghz
    384 ddr mb ram
    120 gb hdd(with 90gb free)
    32 mb geforce mx 100/200 with latest drivers from nvidia
    crappy old motherboard.

hope this helps anyone looking for some more power from there pc. pls give me some feedback as to how good these tweaks work , oh, don't flame pls, just trying to help out the klite community.

should i give u a taste of the cookies and milk to

Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

4. Lounge   -   #4
    should i give u a taste of the cookies and milk to
    mmm cookies. , in response to the first response (i know this sentence sounds weird), it helped with the following: vice city, jedi knight 3: jedi academy, doom3, unreal 2, unreal tournament 2003, hitman 2, ofp:resistance (that's a freaking cpu eater), fs2004: cof, and red faction 2. all of them except doom3 jumped an additional 12-15 fps! i thought i was dreaming at first, but then my cat bit me .

now, where are those cookies....

5. Lounge   -   #5
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    hmm.. best quality or best performance?

they both seem good

cant we have both? :'(

6. Lounge   -   #6
    hmm.. best quality or best performance?

they both seem good 

cant we have both? 
    well, it's mip mapping, on my comp, i can't see a graphical difference with it setted to high performance or high image quality. except that with high image quality, fps goes down. why don't u try blend, it's the middle option, inbetween high performance and high quality. but like i said, can' t really see a difference between them except fps (frames per second). B)

7. Lounge   -   #7
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Well, i just tried blend, and i cant see a difference, although JA3 has definatly gained a few frames methinks, not quite so much slowdown on the huge 20+ people fights, cheers for the tips