Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with being a trader?

Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by AkaiDoresu View Post

Well in my entire career on FST I gaveaway moreless 100 invites. Is that bad?
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by AkaiDoresu
    I have never been banned from any tracker other than for inactivity. Is that bad?
    No
    I've been to many trackers and always shared my knowledge about them especially during the times when some trackers where really rare. Is that bad?
    Yes
    Just because I can get into some websites faster than a normal person because I'm in possession of many invites
    BS
    So can anyone tell me what's the problem? Is it just bunch of jeleous emo kids or there is some deep meaning into that? THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH and if there is please tell me where cuz I'm damn hungry.
    The problem is its against the rules, i wont even go in to why... because it doesnt matter. Trading works 4 u, great. U can do what u want, just dont come whining when u are banned somewhere, or cant get in to some tracker because of your "trader" label.

Glad I could help.

P.S. I have had some nice "free lunch's" maybe it's just u?
    Last edited by That1Guy; 03-27-2009 at 07:29 PM.
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    What about if the rules are not coherent with the trackers attitudes?
    Like forbiding invite trading then offering randomly invites in the irc channel (tl), opening signups (scl, bcg, bmtv, etc) or almost blindly recruting in other trackers (ptn, its, what.cd, waffles, etc).

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post
    I think the "you dont know who you invite" argument is ridiculous.
    FST is about file sharing, there are many giveaways and other forms of invite sharing.

If you think that a simple ratio proof gives you any legit information about how good the user you inviting is, then you are either a huge noob or a seriously naive person.

Let's make it straight, for trades you can also require proofs in order to protect your account from being banned. I did this many times.

Now I invited many people through giveaways and there is one thing all of you seem to forget. Well GIVEAWAY means free stuff, and how much appreciation do you have for something that is free (and perhaps lower lvl tracker) ? The answer is NONE.

And because of that people cheat very often. Back in OiNK times I've seen people with great ratio proofs and scores from speedtest and few days later it appeared inviters priviliges were disabled.
    Trading on the other hand requries a transfer of invite in exchange for other invite. So you are paying for this and there is much more appreciation for these things.

Just to summerize, Trading and Givingaway is both breaking the tracker rules and are both the same things (u can trade with or withouty proofs, and same you can do with giveaways). I think this trend got popular because many people wanted to justify their pussyness and lack of success in the world of torrents and started to make traders look bad. I'm sorry I dont see any other logic explanation.

Best Regards,
    Akaidoresu
    I would say you are not going in the "Right" direction because in torrenting there is only "one way" that is to be pursued... No matter what you argue, it wont make sense for some, i say let it be, go along with the flow swimming against a current might be tough sometimes, so better get used to it earlier, been there seen it. Except for some exceptions that are open to reason like stoii and people like him, nobody gives a sh... about what you argue really. I dont mean myself, i am willing to listen every possible argument but for some there is only one truth
    I'm not really concerned what the flow is simply because I already have what I need so for me trading torrents is a closed chapter.
    But I hope there are people here who can at least notice some of the bias they seem to create with this negative point of view on traders.

It wasnt free my friend. Just someone paid it for you like for a homeless person. That's the difference.
    Last edited by AkaiDoresu; 03-27-2009 at 07:50 PM.
    Have a nice day.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    It wasnt free my friend. Just someone paid it for you like for a homeless person. That's the difference.
    Care to elaborate? How does someone that I have become friends with giving me an invite amount to them "paying for you like for a homeless person."

These ppl got their invites without breaking any of the tracker rules, and broke no rules by inviting me. Even the few invites I have asked for here were given to me by people that knew me from other places, just didnt know I was looking.

Quote Originally Posted by FaithNoMore View Post
    What about if the rules are not coherent with the trackers attitudes?
    Like forbiding invite trading then offering randomly invites in the irc channel (tl), opening signups (scl, bcg, bmtv, etc) or almost blindly recruting in other trackers (ptn, its, what.cd, waffles, etc).
    I really wish ppl would realize its not a democracy, trackers can do what they want, whether they choose to be complete hypocrites or jackasses doesnt change anything. If you dont agree with a trackers way of doing something, choose another. Bitching and moaning doesnt fix anything.

ITS THEIR RULES, if they say "no one over 6' tall", and find out you are to tall then ban u, that is their decision.
    Last edited by That1Guy; 03-27-2009 at 08:58 PM.
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post
    I would say you are not going in the "Right" direction because in torrenting there is only "one way" that is to be pursued... No matter what you argue, it wont make sense for some, i say let it be, go along with the flow swimming against a current might be tough sometimes, so better get used to it earlier, been there seen it. Except for some exceptions that are open to reason like stoii and people like him, nobody gives a sh... about what you argue really. I dont mean myself, i am willing to listen every possible argument but for some there is only one truth
    I'm not really concerned what the flow is simply because I already have what I need so for me trading torrents is a closed chapter.
    But I hope there are people here who can at least notice some of the bias they seem to create with this negative point of view on traders.

It is free mate, i have paid for someone to get into certain sites 2, and honestly i didnt think of it the way you did in your last post, he was my friend wanted to see him beside me on the same site, nothing more natural than this xD

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    BANNED BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    There's nothing wrong with being a trader.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone.W.Machine View Post
    simple as that actually i lie it's not that cool to be a trader it was back in 2006 but not anymore try something new if you want to be cool

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    BANNED BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone.W.Machine View Post
    simple as that actually i lie it's not that cool to be a trader it was back in 2006 but not anymore try something new if you want to be cool
    It was much cooler to be a trader back in 2006 indeed.
    Much more traders to trade with, now it's just the same guys on and on again...

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Wow, hahaha this topic really scares me - I thought there are more serious people here

First of all when I say someone paid for it I don't mean money. I mean time, upload, goodwill and many others. Someone earned this invite in some way and then contributed this to you so it's not quite FREE because SOMEONE actually had to earn it.

Second, Giving away is also breaking the tracker rules (YES, some trackers are blocking users that got their invites from giveaways as well as banning the contributors) - simply inviting people you dont know is against the rules. So why noobs that have no idea about the torrents have the most to say?

The fact, that you begged 10 crappy invites doesn't make you a person who should really decide or judge whats right and whats wrong in the torrent universe.
    Have a nice day.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by That1Guy View Post
    I really wish ppl would realize its not a democracy, trackers can do what they want, whether they choose to be complete hypocrites or jackasses doesnt change anything. If you dont agree with a trackers way of doing something, choose another. Bitching and moaning doesnt fix anything.

ITS THEIR RULES, if they say "no one over 6' tall", and find out you are to tall then ban u, that is their decision.
    More funny than those inconsistent rules, are all the sheeps that blindly follow them. If there was a rule on those trackers like: "You canīt f#ck your girlfriend", I'm sure all those sheeps would stop f#cking (wait...they don't f#ck already).

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast