Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with being a trader?

Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Bilkinter, thats a pretty solid idea. i've had one similar in the past but it was taken as a joke for some reason. i don't think anybody wants to waste time anymore looking out for trackers and sending traders in the right path, therefore a sticky about this might be beneficial.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    Bilkinter, thats a pretty solid idea. i've had one similar in the past but it was taken as a joke for some reason. i don't think anybody wants to waste time anymore looking out for trackers and sending traders in the right path, therefore a sticky about this might be beneficial.
    It might be nice to have such a sticky regarding those beforementioned points and the personal experiences of certain traders as well as non traders, it would kinda provide people with means to evaluate points stated on those and choose the path for themselves not some imposed choice by others. Also i think we shall add friends factor, trust, accountability and other issues that are related to this whole discussion. It would be a nice one really, if you are into discussing it, pm me lets gather some other members to have their opinions on the matter, then we can make it a stickie but it shall be examined by some staff to measure the objectivity of those arguments, otherwise we wouldnt show a way we would dictate a way.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    benficao's Avatar All over you Face!
    Being a trader is silly. just ask ppl they will help you.

Being a good person is the secret and jhaving nice friends also helps.

I like to say do not hever aspect anything from anyone, and always share what you have.
    Last edited by benficao; 03-28-2009 at 07:49 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I just hoped there will be some people who would discuss this issue in a mannered and civilized way I hoped we can exchange our arguments and let the logic decide who's right.

I presented my arguments, and no one dared to specifically articulate them and point out the lack of logic. I'm sorry to say that but so far traders are winning this dabate.
    Last edited by AkaiDoresu; 03-27-2009 at 11:25 PM.
    Have a nice day.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    all we can do is to change the ideas of future generation torrenters, you cant possibly this generation which is afraid to voice their opinion on certain matters because of tracker policies. I honestly urge you to give up on this issue, you will be hurt a lot in the way, not everyone is civilized, and they will make fun of what you say, post pictures that they think is funny. Unless you like to be tortured, i strongly suggest that you take an u-turn and be a non trader xD. As an experience from my own torrenting experience, i defended the same arguments as you did, i was bullied et cetera, in the end, i was pushed too far that i started posting po... pictures on the site which got me banned. Even if you say you have control over what you do, there are times when you are pushed too hard, it is your choice, but it wouldnt hurt you being silent, but it would if you keep talking. Speaking outta experience

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    The fact, that you begged 10 crappy invites doesn't make you a person who should really decide or judge whats right and whats wrong in the torrent universe
    Nobody is judging; the fact is, it is against tracker's rules.

I presented my arguments, and no one dared to specifically articulate them and point out the lack of logic. I'm sorry to say that but so far traders are winning this dabate.
    I can argue that H&R is good for trackers in many case and that over seeding is ALWAYS bad; but the former act is against tracker's rule while the latter is not.
    Rules are rules, if you don't like it, try harder to live with it.
    Last edited by TP635; 03-28-2009 at 12:14 AM.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by FaithNoMore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by That1Guy View Post
    I really wish ppl would realize its not a democracy, trackers can do what they want, whether they choose to be complete hypocrites or jackasses doesnt change anything. If you dont agree with a trackers way of doing something, choose another. Bitching and moaning doesnt fix anything.

ITS THEIR RULES, if they say "no one over 6' tall", and find out you are to tall then ban u, that is their decision.
    More funny than those inconsistent rules, are all the sheeps that blindly follow them. If there was a rule on those trackers like: "You canīt f#ck your girlfriend", I'm sure all those sheeps would stop f#cking (wait...they don't f#ck already).
    If I dont like a rule, I choose another tracker. (I actually recently dropped a couple accounts in which I didnt agree with the direction of the tracker), So I guess I cant really reply with anything to argue with you.

And my G/F is seven months pregnant.... so I guess I am just replying to let you know that the plural word for sheep is "sheep".
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    now for my two cents. AkaiDoresu I understand your saying giveaways and trading is not secure. How ever there is a place on the web that's been open less than a year. That does not allow trading. The do allow folks to ask for invites. Offer a Non Movement tracker list (so work with the trackers if they do not want invites offered) Mind you that doesn't mean you wont get an invite to one of these it just means you make friends, Network, Help folks out, get involved in the site, You can check post history reps given and other things besides just the proof's (yes there will still be bad apples) But at least its a true community that works with both the site reps and the BT community users. I have stated many times on this forum I have never traded and never received an invite from a give away thread all my trackers I have because I have gotten to know folks.

To me if traders spent as much time networking with folks as they do in fighting trading then this would be a non issue. Its time to change some attitudes.

For those who can't see how things like trading, giveaways and yes open sign ups can be a security issue then they are not seeing a bigger picture.

I also think where this is a non invite forum its way to easy to be monitored from outside sources. And just a few post and waiting period can gain you access to the trading forum. Not all that secure. So I can see why many trackers are not fond of this particular forum

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Quote Originally Posted by That1Guy View Post

More funny than those inconsistent rules, are all the sheeps that blindly follow them. If there was a rule on those trackers like: "You canīt f#ck your girlfriend", I'm sure all those sheeps would stop f#cking (wait...they don't f#ck already).
    If I dont like a rule, I choose another tracker. (I actually recently dropped a couple accounts in which I didnt agree with the direction of the tracker), So I guess I cant really reply with anything to argue with you.

And my G/F is seven months pregnant.... so I guess I am just replying to let you know that the plural word for sheep is "sheep".
    I'm glad that your english skills are better than mine. Congratulations mate. I would be very happy to see your skills in my native language (portuguese).
    If you don't like a rule you don't need to runaway, just break it, mate. Don't be scared. Nobody will kill you for that. Do you stop in every stop sign while driving. I guess not. So it's better for you to stop driving.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Poster BT Rep: +5

I'm glad that your english skills are better than mine. Congratulations mate. I would be very happy to see your skills in my native language (portuguese).
    If you don't like a rule you don't need to runaway, just break it, mate. Don't be scared. Nobody will kill you for that. Do you stop in every stop sign while driving. I guess not. So it's better for you to stop driving.
    I wasnt trying to bash you, and do realize that for many people here English is not their native language. I was actually empathizing for people who use English as their second language during that part of my post.

And you are right, if I dont like a rule I dont have to run away. But maybe it just comes down to morals/beliefs/what ever. If someone says they dont want something that I believe in, rather than think "who are these guys to make rules at their own trackers, I can do what I want". I think "fuck these guys, I dont need them." and quietly delete my account or bookmark.

And um....yes actually I do stop at all stop signs.....

Bottom line: There is always gonna be douchbags trading, getting caught, and whining about being banned. You can whine all you want. But as long as you are using private trackers, THEY MAKE THE RULES. You can follow them or not, But bitching and whining is stupid and pointless. If you dont like it, start your own tracker, make all the rules you want.
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast