Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Which Windows XP release to get?

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone.W.Machine View Post
    Get the one with most seeders, it has many seeders for a reason.
    Hey youbee I said it first . I'v yet to see a student version ( Etho ) fail WGA yet . I did install two this weekend , so not saying it will not get blacklisted but just wondering .

Both were winupdated as I won't give back to a friend till tried , tested and true .

Ok see what you mean , I' don't run WGA validation but if can't update just run this simple Regscript :

hXXp://rs783.rapidshare.com/files/211907330/validator.rar
    Last edited by peat moss; 03-31-2009 at 03:21 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    dashboardy's Avatar teh sex0r BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan20021982 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dashboardy View Post
    Anyone who knows anything uses the student edition. The key passes WGA and the release requires no crack.
    Not anymore it wont, you need a wga crack now for the student edition.

Just search around you will see. This key has been removed for new installs from MS.
    LOL. I seriously wonder where you pulled this out of. For the record, it's complete garbage.

I reinstalled Windows about 2 weeks ago with the ETH0 student edition. Just checked WGA, it passed.

Additionally, it would literally be impossible for MS to block this key for use in installation as the key doesn't actually activate. They could block it from passing WGA, but they haven't. I seriously wonder what motivates people like you to post incorrect info like this.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    I prefer myself to just grab the MSDN untouched ISO's, I have a legit key, so I don't have to worry about WGA, and there are legit ones out there (don't ask I won't give)...then I use nLite to slipstream in updates/service packs...
    [center]

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Isn't Microsoft dropping XP support pretty soon? My HDD started acting funny so I just reinstalled my OS and I finally installed Vista and I went 64-bit so i can use my 4 gigs of RAm. XP can only use 2.75 gigs on my system.

My suggestion would be to move on to Vista. It seems just as fast for me plus it has DX 10.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    the student version is the best one to get

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by dashboardy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan20021982 View Post

Not anymore it wont, you need a wga crack now for the student edition.

Just search around you will see. This key has been removed for new installs from MS.
    LOL. I seriously wonder where you pulled this out of. For the record, it's complete garbage.

I reinstalled Windows about 2 weeks ago with the ETH0 student edition. Just checked WGA, it passed.

Additionally, it would literally be impossible for MS to block this key for use in installation as the key doesn't actually activate. They could block it from passing WGA, but they haven't. I seriously wonder what motivates people like you to post incorrect info like this.
    Dashboardy your wrong ! They blocked the VLK for Canada anyway . I found a new key and used Key Changer to get mine straight .

I think you owe Ryan an apology you dumb fuck .

By the way I do have the new key if anyone needs it .
    Last edited by peat moss; 04-06-2009 at 03:39 AM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Corporate Edition
    Last edited by xbox_earth; 04-10-2009 at 06:33 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234