Thread: Sharing Goes Back To All

Hi there i share (so people can care) but! what if i now dont want them to upload from me and i cancel the upload it says ''this will terminate the upload its not recommended'' if i cANCEl an upload will it then hurt my computer or what

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Forum Star
    It will format you harddrive.

3. File Sharing   -   #3

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Is there anyway to check if someone is sharing now? Cause theres options so you cant get thier file list, and the PL is knackered in most cases cause of programs to put it up, or people sharing, but noone uploading from them. There doesnt seem to be a way of finding out if someone is sharing other than quickly checking to see if you are downloading from them...

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by K-liteboy@21 September 2003 - 06:00
    Hi there i share (so people can care) but! what if i now dont want them to upload from me and i cancel the upload it says ''this will terminate the upload its not recommended'' if i cANCEl an upload will it then hurt my computer or what
    That's called Leeching and it isn't recommended If u cancel up to 30 uploads It could delete your hard drive.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I think the PL cheat should be taken out, as the PL is the only way to actually tell if someone is sharing now

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I had 1000 without the cheat on the old kazaa.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    If you cancel an upload, they'll probably just reconnect in seconds.

If you turn off sharing, it will NOT cancel existing uploads -- you'd have to cancel them manually AFTER it says sharing is disabled.

Also, if you cancel an upload and clear the list really quickly then reduce the number of max uploads by 1 the upload you canceled will not be able to reconnect immediately.

I do all of that on occassion in an attempt to prevent DDoS attacks in the form of 100's of upload requests on my connection.

I even go so far as to block ips of particularly persistant PL=0 @Kazaa users (probable leeches) that try to hog my bandwidth when I have many other uploads going.