Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex And Non Smokers

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yep same thing happ[ened to me watching my grandfather die of smoking he smoked for like 70 years eventuly got to him and lost his voice box smokers shoudl have seen him that would have made them quit

he was also the big reason I got into music bought me my guitar a week before he pasted away and all

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    lamsey, I fully agree with you, it's terrible what cigarettes can do to you...BUT....there are many other things that increase the risk of cancer and no one ever talks about that like they do about cigarettes.
    Eg. the pill and breast cancer, exhaust fumes and lung cancer(even more than nicotene and tar btw), walking in the sun and skincancer, alcohol and liver diseases,.... The list is long and I do agree that people HAVE to know what they're getting themselves into when they decide to smoke. But I also think it's a but hypocrit to pretend that cigarettes are the one big harmful thing. After all, a lot more people die in traffic every year and no one tells us to get rid of our cars....

(Did this make any sense, I have to get back in forum-mode)

3. Lounge   -   #33
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    my dad had to have a cancerus lump cut out of his tongue :x

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey+21 September 2003 - 14:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey &#064; 21 September 2003 - 14:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Skweeky@21 September 2003 - 13:53
    no, I understand people who don&#39;t choose to smoke, it&#39;s a nasty habit afterall. I mean, it&#39;s not like it&#39;s fun waking up in the morning with a mouth that tastes like an ashtray
    There is the horrible, prolonged and painful death thing.

Quite a lot of anti-smoking campaigners are doing what they do because they don&#39;t want to see people that they like (or even love) dying in one of the most excruciating, horrific ways there is.

One of the lines I often get is "it&#39;s not all about you, I can smoke if I want to".
    My response is "DAMN straight, it&#39;s not all about me. It&#39;s all about you not dying horrifically if you quit&#33;".

It&#39;s usually at this point that someone usually says "What would you know about it Lamsey, you&#39;re not a smoker and can&#39;t understand."

Well, I watched my grandfather die of lung cancer. I understand only too well what he went through. And I don&#39;t want that to happen to anyone else.[/b][/quote]
    I couldn&#39;t agree more with what you say. For me there have been several losses, the one which affected me most tho&#39; was my Father, it was Emphysema.

You really do not wish to watch this happen to someone. It takes years to happen, but the last few months are horrendous. On oxygen 24 hours a day, can&#39;t stand up or do anything for yourself and gradually waste away to nothing.

However if people chose to smoke then that is a matter for them. Just as it is a matter for you to tell them why they shouldn&#39;t do it. The main reason I stopped was the idea that my children were Much more likely to do it if I did. I also wanted to not only be at my youngest&#39;s wedding, but to also embarass her by my bad dancing as well. Not just sit quietly in a corner and wish that I could.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Poster
    Personally - I have recently take up smoking after I heard about it&#39;s many health benefits.

I have never felt better. My skin is more radiant than ever before (some say I look ten years younger) My food tastes more interesting and it has also worked miracles for me sex drive.

I&#39;ll make my point with a question: If man wasn&#39;t meant to smoke why would they put ashtrays in a Focus Zetec 1.8lx???
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Poster
    Great for weight loss too.

Though it can be really dramatic sometimes.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    BANNED
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@21 September 2003 - 22:48
    Thats very good Rikk and I fully respect your opinion

But............we smoke cos we want to, cos it helps to calm us when we stressed and cos we like it.
    Many things harm us, we eat curry and it burns our mouth but we enjoy it

I will say tho that all these years of smoking has affected my health and totally shot my sense of smeel to shit, but it&#39;s my choice and I don&#39;t force it on others.

Jonno B)
    Has it ever occured to you that the smoking could be CAUSING your stress??

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Poster

The nicotine diet can have dramatic side effects

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Poster
    Originally posted by JPaul@21 September 2003 - 14:14

There you go fatsos quit the cakes and take up fags&#33; (thats cigarettes by the way not giving it up the choccy speedway)
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

10. Lounge   -   #40
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Originally posted by fugley+21 September 2003 - 14:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fugley @ 21 September 2003 - 14:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@21 September 2003 - 14:14

There you go fatsos quit the cakes and take up fags&#33; (thats cigarettes by the way not giving it up the choccy speedway) [/b][/quote]
    a month after my dad quit smoking he couldn&#39;t fit in any of his clothes
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast