Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex And Non Smokers

JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Having read some of the replies in my other thread "Fags" I thought I would start this.

I have found that an EX smoker is ten time worse at winging at smokers than Non smokers.

My cousin smoked for 20 odd years and then gave up, he now moans at anyone who even thinks about having a fag, even makes his 70 y/o mother go out the house (summer or winter) for a smoke I've been in the pub with him and he tells me to put my fag out I'm like "Yeah feck you right off".

My mother moans about smokers too and she used to smoke.

Yet I have some friends that have either never tried or just had one who don't care if you smoke or not.

So, I think it's a subconcious jealousy going on with the Ex-Smokers cos their brain is telling them "Look....he's smoking, and you know you want to but you can't...........so have a go at him"

WTF???

Anyone else find this??

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Alucard1475's Avatar Poster
    Smoking kills the brain man!! I never smoked and never will. What's the purpose??

3. Lounge   -   #3
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I know exactly what you mean Jonno. Now you have come up with that heory i find it the most likely one!!

4. Lounge   -   #4
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Originally posted by Alucard1475@21 September 2003 - 11:52
    Smoking kills the brain man!! I never smoked and never will. What's the purpose??
    So do car fumes and alchohol and a million other things...........a coal fire is leathal, we smoke cos we want to, some people bungy jump others use mobile phones all day, all these things are health threatening.

@Dan....It's true, think about it

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

5. Lounge   -   #5
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    It really is!!

i smoke out of choice, but i dont breathe exhaust fumes out of choice

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Alucard1475's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+21 September 2003 - 22:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS @ 21 September 2003 - 22:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alucard1475@21 September 2003 - 11:52
    Smoking kills the brain man&#33;&#33; I never smoked and never will. What&#39;s the purpose??
    So do car fumes and alchohol and a million other things...........a coal fire is leathal, we smoke cos we want to, some people bungy jump others use mobile phones all day, all these things are health threatening.

@Dan....It&#39;s true, think about it

Jonno B) [/b][/quote]
    We need some things to easier our lives like cars and mobile phones. I do not drink either. The other life threatening stuff is just the adrenalin.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    I gave up smoking around 5 years ago. I had smoked for about 20 years.

It reeally doesn&#39;t bother me if other people smoke. Indeed at work I sometimes share cars on long journeys with smokers. It dosn&#39;t bother me if they want to smoke. I know what it&#39;s like going for 4 hours or so without having one. I prefer if the window is open when they are doing it but other than that no prob.

I can also spend loads of times with smokers having a coffee or whatever and with them smoking, not a problem. In fact sometimes I go to the smoking room at work for a chat with the chaps there. That&#39;s there territory so their rules. Normally there is a window open tho - even smokers don&#39;t like the atmos too smokey.

The only thing I can&#39;t do is drink with people who are smoking. As I get more drunk the desire for a cigarette becomes greater, however the resolve not to have one decreases. I have a couple of friends who I can drink with, who know this and will not give me a cigarette, no matter what I say. This normally involves me apologising the next day. Other people are only to happy to give you one, as they think it is a good thing that others return to smoking.

My bottom line is that I have no problem with smokers. As long as they compromise with me too. Open a window when it&#39;s a very confined space and don&#39;t give me them when I have a drink in me.

Re the house thing. No-one smokes in my house. I didn&#39;t do it myself, neither did my wife. It&#39;s not because of us, it&#39;s because of the kids. If they chose to smoke it&#39;s up to them, however I wont make them do it.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Forum Star
    In fact sometimes I go to the smoking room at work for a chat with the chaps there

we&#39;re not worthy..

the drink is a killer when your trying to give up tho&#39;, tried it a couple of times, longest i lasted was a fortnight - soon as i have a drink i want a fag

9. Lounge   -   #9
    PAiNKiLLER
    Smoking gives a kind of satisfaction to your mind. You won&#39;t understand coz u don&#39;t have this habit. Even u you try once u won&#39;t get any satisfaction. Instad u will feel worse. Coz u don&#39;t this habit. I don&#39;t know why u ppl think its not good. May be because u just heard that smoking is bad for heath...lol

Image Resized

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Originally posted by pol@21 September 2003 - 12:18

we&#39;re not worthy..

hahahahahahahahahahaha&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    /me rolls on floor.
    (maybe time for a change on my screensaver.
    Matthew Lillard is getting a bit old. )
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast