Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about account giveaways

alupizor's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I've been torrenting since the fall of 2004. Since then, I've moved from tracker to tracker, trying to find the best to feed my needs. I have lost some accounts due to inactivity, while for others I've bought a dedicated laptop+internet connection (much like a seedbox, but with lower speeds

I have a question: what do you do when you find out a tracker is not for you? Since account giveaways are not permited, is deleting the account/letting it die due to inactivity the way to go?

Let's say you request an invite to ScL, a site everyone is talking about in some parts of the world. What a disappointment that tracker was! Hundreds of torrents with 1 seeder and 0 snatches. Your download is 0 MB, upload is 0MB. Why would giving away this account be considered trading?

Sorry for a long post, I hope you have the patience to read it

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    We've all been invited to trackers that for one reason or another didn't end up liking. It's not a big deal. But, the tracker staff would rather have you let that account die or delete it than to give it away to some stranger on the internet. This could also potentially cause you problems on other trackers you belong to. So it's best to just let that account die.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    b3owulf's Avatar facepalm.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    We've all been invited to trackers that for one reason or another didn't end up liking. It's not a big deal. But, the tracker staff would rather have you let that account die or delete it than to give it away to some stranger on the internet. This could also potentially cause you problems on other trackers you belong to. So it's best to just let that account die.
    Absolutely agree with this. Account giveaway are forbidden by many trackers.
    If you dont need an acc - let it die OR delete it yourself if possible OR request your acc to be deleted.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    let it die but i'm sure you wouldn't you'll keep join it again to see what's new even after a 3 weeks

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Deleting the account is the way to go really. If it is 0 0 then you have nothing to lose xD

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    or in some cases you could pm staff to do that for you if there's no delacc

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    thanks for guiding me. i thought and did the same myself, mainly letting them die due to inactivity. i know giving away accounts is forbidden, but so are public invites on most trackers.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    By signing up you agree, that your account is for personal use only. (At most places anyway).

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    hagckz0r's Avatar Dreams Come True BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    If you really don't like the tracker you joined I support too the idea that an account should be let to die or simply delete it by requesting.

Anyways I never did that and in all places I belong to I am active. Even if I don't like a tracker very much I do my best to not disappoint anyone.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    what i'm trying to do now is 1) find out what the tracker is all about, so i don't ask for an invite or signup and be disappointed and 2) i try to move from 0-day trackers to dedicated trackers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast