Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: http://www.digicube.fr/

Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAllusionist View Post
    Thanks for the information. The reason I ask, is because it's very tempting for the price.
    Mainly reason for me start thinking in reorder a server of them, but at this time it'll be only for bittorrent usage...
    But they're not my first option, even had good experiences with them.

Specially to save my poor laptop with no shut downs for almost a month!

I suppose I have to find a reseller to try though, but I'm thinking of trying to get the smallest one to test.
    It's more easy to find a OVH reseller, specially with a good amount of the members of most trackers using their services, and in their plans the bandwith of OVH-to-OVH being higher than OVH-to-Internet...
    Server.lu have great servers too, with a good reputation, and they have directly PayPal support.
    Leaseweb offers an awesome service (at leasy, in my opinion of a past costumer) for a good price, supports paypal and their support is really fast! The problem with them is the bandwith limit, but if you're not a "seed whore" (lol), is a real good choice!

The question about the one to chose is, obviously, the price... Of course there are other and even better options.
    Make your homework, ask for some friends, research, see here and on the foruns of the trackers that you're a member and make your choice.

How would you rate other aspects? (set-up time, is there a set-up fee, hardware, staff support, bandwidth) Specifically with the bandwidth, what is the highest steady upload you saw?
    To host a website, it's great!
    For torrenting, even doesn't making a several usage of the server to it, didn't had any problem with them.
    On e-mails of contacts pre-order and all about the order, they'd show a high level of professionalism.
    About the support, I didn't contacted, so I can't say anything about it.
    Server up and ready to use with less than one day, so . Don't know if it's the commom practice, it was really impressive...

They have a contact e-mail for pre-order questions... French only, but Google translator may help you with that.

Thanks again!
    You're welcome! Glad to help.

And sorry again for the English...
    Last edited by Mendieta; 05-11-2009 at 02:29 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Are these guys really unlimited, unlike OVH (FR) which started capping to 3TB?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    If only there was a reseller for them!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by oklahomasucks View Post
    Are these guys really unlimited, unlike OVH (FR) which started capping to 3TB?
    Old OVH servers are still unlimited. What Xirvik is writing about capping is just not true because their servers are from the 2009 offer which was limited but they did not inform their clients about it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    phauk's Avatar Poster
    It's a shame they will only sell to certain people, but do what you do with ovh? get a reseller?

rapidspeeds are one reseller I know about that sells their products.

But yeah, they even kick OVH ass' especially with No set-up fee and unlimited bandwidth.

The one problem is the O/s are french, so you will need to re-do it to english yourself.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    frankjack
    Quote Originally Posted by Hajah View Post
    Hi,

Has anyone any experience with these dedicated servers?

Based in France, not much info on their website, but the server specs are cool for 35Eur/month...

Seems fishy to me, but... anyone tried them already??

Thanks in advance
    I want to emphasis that despite the promising promo campaigns I would not recommend anyone to use services of this provider. My experience with it is very poor. I was not satisfied with the service level so I decided to change the provider, but they charge me again and again even though I do not use their services and I e-mails the support to stop further charging of my card.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster
    They are the cheapest and crappiest source of bandwidth out there, but not bad in france. Order direct, no need for reseller.

But I'd rather 1 month of OVH than 2 months of digicube.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12