Thread: Torrent Tracker modded ?

$SnoopDo2G$'s Avatar Don Doggy BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6

Question Mark

Hi there !

Does anyone knows how to modify a torrent script,
    like this:

1) Instead .torrent files upload, pasting any link in that stuff like a direct RS/MU/or whatever link.

2) Removing totally the torrent side of the site.

3) Modifying all the different stats, levels, ranks adapted to other stuff,
    like the more posts you make, a better level you get.

If anyone knows, can you help me ?
    i could use any script like torrentstrike, tbdev, tbsource or Gazelle...

Thanks for reading

P.S. if this belong to Bitorrent section, can u please move it thx

btw i've seen an all in one site/tracker/blog/ script,
    but the layout isn't like in the other scripts (like tbsource etc...)
    any sugestion(s) is welcome thx !

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    zelexir's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    From what I can see, what you are trying to accomplish isn't bittorrent related at all. But you like the form of the site and want do do something with it?

Isn't this the wrong approach to your "project"? It's like trying to turn cocaine into weed instead of just planting some seeds

Why don't you instead describe what it is you want and maybe someone could point you in the right direction? Open source is our friend and theres lots of it! There just has to be an easier way then stripping all torrent related parts out of a torrent site source.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    tutipute's Avatar I'm Here! BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by zelexir View Post
    From what I can see, what you are trying to accomplish isn't bittorrent related at all. But you like the form of the site and want do do something with it?

Isn't this the wrong approach to your "project"? It's like trying to turn cocaine into weed instead of just planting some seeds

Why don't you instead describe what it is you want and maybe someone could point you in the right direction? Open source is our friend and theres lots of it! There just has to be an easier way then stripping all torrent related parts out of a torrent site source.
    I will have to agree with zelexir! I was about to write just about the same thing yesterday but got lazy...
    It seems that the tbdev source is not the right source to use... Maybe you should look for a cool WP theme that can be better modified to suit your needs.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    yeah you should basically get a new script coded for you by someone.

it's possible, sure, but like others said, it's like digging the LCD screen out of your new iphone to make an cigarette ashtray.

they didn't built Rome in one day