Thread: Board Page Defaults

I recently changed my settings to allow more topics to be viewable for each page. The reason being that there are now so many pinned topics, (which is a good thing) that not many topics are viewable by default.

Might it be worthwhile changing the board default?

Just a suggestion and sorry if this has been said before.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Poster
    No need to change anything. If you prefer to see more topics then set your own preferences.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Out of The Ordinary
    I agree with Somebody

BOT

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Seconed

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    As i said in the first sentence of my post, i did change my preferences . I'm only suggesting that rather than everyone having to do the same, the defaults get changed. I can't remember for sure, but i think there are only five or six topics viewable in softwareworld, per page by default.

Bearing in mind that a lot of board members won't even realise that they can change preferences in such a way, i thought it might be a good idea.

But whatever. What do i care

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Originally posted by Somebody1234@ 21 September 2003 - 20:09
    No need to change anything. If you prefer to see more topics then set your own preferences.
    Oh how you'd love to be a moderator. Until that day comes, you'd maybe do well not to write so dismissively to other posters. While a moderator agrees with you, i don't see why you think it's your place to make any decisions regarding the board.

Sorry, but you got my back up a bit there. I know you're a nice guy and all

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Poster
    I was not trying to get you upset. I was just expressing an opinion just like you.

By the way, with the default settings I can see 12 topics in SoftwareWorld not 5 or 6 as you stated.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    The point is that each of us can set our own preferences, that's more than most boards allow.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Nah, the board is fine just the way it is and if u do it on yours it will be like it was changed anyway.