Thread: Windows 7 build 7105 (RC) Milestone reached?

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer

Builds for Windows 7 keep powering forward; it seems there are new ones being reported weekly, but here's one that might be worth sitting up and paying attention for: it appears Windows 7 has reached build 7105. But in addition to this, it's worth remembering that a Windows 7 RC could possibly be available April 10th. This timing makes it seem as though Neowin's exclusive source was dead on, and that in a few days time Microsoft will announce availability of an RC build for its latest operating system. It's likely that build 7100 will be named as the release candidate.

The string for this build is 6.1.7105.0.090404-1235_x86fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GB1CULFRER_EN_DVD, and it was compiled on April 4th. Many contested that this means it's a fake; April 4th is a Saturday, but those thoughts have been dismissed with the fact that Microsoft still compiles builds on Saturdays.

Russian site WZor is reporting this. The last reported build leak was last month, and it's expected for 7105 to be leaked shortly also, although it's hoped a public announcement will be made soon, as mentioned. So, what are they changes that are being reported so far?

1. Improved networking support, the work in the local network
    2. Added support for some previously incompatible programs
    3. Extras in the LP (?) and small cosmetic interface improvements
    4. Added support for new drivers for various devices
    5. Extended support sensory displays
    6. A small optimization and changes in the kernel

It seems that Windows 7 development is definitely drawing to a close, as now the only changes are bug fixes and optimizations; no new major features are being added, although keep in mind that there could still be some surprises left.

Neowin Forum Discussion: http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.ph...ic=755830&st=0

Source: RC Escrow? | Suprises Left In Store For Windows 7
    Screenshots: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/pictu...ictureid=17333
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 04-09-2009 at 03:15 AM.

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    I must say I've been keeping up with their build and if I wasn't a Linux fan I would say this is turning out to be a decent OS...but I didn't say that

It looks as if they're learning from their mistakes with Vista, which was an OS ahead of its time with regards to system requirements.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    NZB Looter
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    I must say I've been keeping up with their build and if I wasn't a Linux fan I would say this is turning out to be a decent OS...but I didn't say that

It looks as if they're learning from their mistakes with Vista, which was an OS ahead of its time with regards to system requirements.
    it looks more like a vista sp2 which is not exactly solid new as one would've expected

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by rokie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post

it looks more like a vista sp2 which is not exactly solid new as one would've expected
    its more like the difference between two OS X releases.

7 is shaping up to be a solid OS.