Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHat upload speed (OVH to internet) to expect from 1GBPS severs ?

Hi.

If pushing it to the max, what upload speeds to expect from OVH to internet on the 1gbps servers ?

In case its limited, is there anywhere i can find serves that gets constat speeds of at least 70 mb/s for max $400 USD

Thanks a lot.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    11.2-12MB per sec is the max.. However to ovh u can expect good speeds in excess of 50-60MB on fast sites. For getting 70MB to internet u can look at i3d, leaseweb

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    i can find traffik limited gbit box for 400$ unlimited gbit cost like 1.2-1.5k euro

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    no mate, leaseweb costs 270-290E for 33TB(100bit unmetered bandwidth), now i dont think any bravo wud use this on public trackers at 70-80MB ps? At 1gbit , 33tb is more than sufficient even for hardcore users.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Have to agree with pplush; a decent 100Mbit-server can do about 30TB each month when fully loaded. Although I'm currently on several trackers, I still manage only about 15TB each month despite some releases get snatched maybe 3000 to 5000 times.

Gbit machines may sound cool but the costs vs. ratio (which is basically the lowdown on trackers) is waaay to high. You're better off purchasing several midrange 100Mbit-machines then, dedicate each one of them to one tracker and configure things like rsync on the LAN (OVH Gbit) to copy the files to each server that is used for re-seeding elsewhere.
    Last edited by FransTormer; 04-10-2009 at 09:14 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    dont we talk about gbit not 1gbit whit 100mb traffic i mean real gbit no limits

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    The only other part I know that does Gbit-servers for a reasonable price is torrentswift. They used to have 15TB montly limits but their pages seem updated to unmetered Gbit.

/edit: maybe those "censored" guys from Poland still offer Gbit.

Yet, my previous point stands; Gbit can be highly overrated. The moment the seeder vs. leecher ratio balances out, your machine might not push out the speeds you expect and thus not add to your ratio by tens of MB's / second.
    Last edited by FransTormer; 04-10-2009 at 05:56 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Alright. Looks like theres no such a thing as real 1gbps dedicated servers with unlmited traffic yet, and if there is, gonna cost 5k/month hehe

Thanks a lot

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    i used this for one month very good speeds

# CPU - Core2Quad 8300
    # Memory - 8GB RAM
    # Hard Disk Space - 2x500GB HDD
    # $370

but then there are some caps

# 50Mbps during PEAK hours 300Mbps during OFF PEAK hours
    # peak hours = 6AM-6PM CST off peak hours = 6PM-6AM CST

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by adwrz View Post
    i used this for one month very good speeds

# CPU - Core2Quad 8300
    # Memory - 8GB RAM
    # Hard Disk Space - 2x500GB HDD
    # $370

but then there are some caps

# 50Mbps during PEAK hours 300Mbps during OFF PEAK hours
    # peak hours = 6AM-6PM CST off peak hours = 6PM-6AM CST

So, basically you're leasing a Gbit-server for 370/month but for half the time you're capped to 5% and the other half to 30% of your connection? Wouldn't it be cheaper (like I mentioned earlier) to get 3x 100Mbps server for around $200/month total and enjoy the same 300Mbps combined 24/7 and spread out heavy torrents over each server while syncing the data between them (where needed)?
    Last edited by FransTormer; 04-11-2009 at 06:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast