Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Elektronik has BANNED Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot foreve View Post

finally some staff member have a mind and don't prefer the easy way ,BCG members are lucky to have someone like you to be incharge of the tracker
    Not just BCG members, all torrenters are lucky to have him in torrent world, we all benefit from his presence here.
    Time to crawl out of his ass yet?

I think they were just fed up with finding cheaters/traders/sellers who turned out to be Egyptian. Banning the entire country may not be fair to the good users from Egypt, but it's one way of putting an end to all that time wasted on worthless lowlifes.

A good thing to do now, would be to perhaps make a temp irc chan to allow the good users of Egypt to request their accounts be re-enabled. This way it's almost like working backwards from the signup progress - nobody gets in without having proven themselves beforehand.

But meh, end of the day, their site, their rules

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    lol soon enough demonoid may ban them

<3

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseD View Post
    Not just BCG members, all torrenters are lucky to have him in torrent world, we all benefit from his presence here.
    Time to crawl out of his ass yet?

I think they were just fed up with finding cheaters/traders/sellers who turned out to be Egyptian. Banning the entire country may not be fair to the good users from Egypt, but it's one way of putting an end to all that time wasted on worthless lowlifes.

A good thing to do now, would be to perhaps make a temp irc chan to allow the good users of Egypt to request their accounts be re-enabled. This way it's almost like working backwards from the signup progress - nobody gets in without having proven themselves beforehand.

But meh, end of the day, their site, their rules
    I am not a member, I have no expectations. I was banned by stoi, so tell me what would be my reason to do whatever you are saying? If just telling the truth isnt permitted, say it outloud, otherwise save your wise opinions to yourself please

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
    i see Egypt banned from al trackers soon :S
    Not from BCG while i am in charge, i dont believe in banning entire countries.
    Nah you (as in BCG) just ban people that dare question your methods.

Funny, since I already said the account just dies from inactivity. Maybe it was so one of staff could come up with some other stupid accusation that I would be prevented from answering, because I was banned?

I certainly wasn't from inactivity, unless your inactivity rules suddenly became much lower period.

All I can say is Vuze users beware.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    BlackKnight's Avatar In the wake of Gods BT Rep: +1
    how bad is Egyptian torrenters? I'd like to know what Lebe thinks since the last time when Waffles banned .Ro IPs he said it's an extreme response (I think he doesn't like to ban the whole country then?) so I guess Egypt must have done something really bad.

I'm always on elektronik's side still!
    Last edited by BlackKnight; 04-11-2009 at 09:23 PM.
    Into the chaos!

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45

Funny, since I already said the account just dies from inactivity. Maybe it was so one of staff could come up with some other stupid accusation that I would be prevented from answering, because I was banned?

I certainly wasn't from inactivity, unless your inactivity rules suddenly became much lower period.

Not a clue what you are talking about.

ah you are Blue_skies.

you said you didnt want the account anymore, when i made the account it was only for testing purpuses, you even told me you would never use it, so stop spreading bullshit.

yes i did say that Vuze is a horrible client, and if it was just up to me i would ban it, i hate the thing, and no its not just because of a personal preferrance, 95% of cheaters that we get, use Vuze (with a mod which i will not name here), to cheat.

I know of a couple of tracker`s that have banned it, so its not just my opinion,

I also explained, that instead of getting on your high horse to us, for not allowing a new client version as quick as you would like, you should get onto the other trackers, for banning a perfectly good version (the previous one) so fast.

Btw, i did not even know you were banned till i read your above post, Cirno banned you.
    Last edited by stoi; 04-11-2009 at 09:24 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +1
    The worst.

They have their own WTAW thread version, not about rarity but about how easy is to cheat in trackers. Just so you know

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot foreve View Post

finally some staff member have a mind and don't prefer the easy way ,BCG members are lucky to have someone like you to be incharge of the tracker
    love is in the air...

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post

Not a clue what you are talking about.

ah you are Blue_skies.

you said you didnt want the account anymore, when i made the account it was only for testing purpuses, you even told me you would never use it, so stop spreading bullshit.

yes i did say that Vuze is a horrible client, and if it was just up to me i would ban it, i hate the thing, and no its not just because of a personal preferrance, 95% of cheaters that we get, use Vuze (with a mod which i will not name here), to cheat.

I know of a couple of tracker`s that have banned it, so its not just my opinion,

I also explained, that instead of getting on your high horse to us, for not allowing a new client version as quick as you would like, you should get onto the other trackers, for banning a perfectly good version (the previous one) so fast.

Btw, i did not even know you were banned till i read your above post, Cirno banned you.
    I don't care at all that I can't use the account. I just don't get why it was so important to ban the account. I already said I would let the account die. Guess he needed to leave a warning to others that dare speak their mind. Pretty much a forum to discuss as long as you agree.

BTW wasn't pointing fingers at you, hence the (as in BCG) since I suspected you didn't do it, but at the site, everyone was praising through the roof.

And I accepted fine the actual answer to my question, about the tracker restart. Just a shame it took all the useless answers before that to get there.

Edit: also please tell me exactly where I said I didn't want the account. I said I would not run two clients for a site I don't use much. And that I had around three weeks before being deleted for tracker inactivity. I actually said I used the account a bit even though I never expected to do so, when you made me the account.

oh you better quote it here, since I can't access BCG.

I say again Banned as a warning to others.
    Last edited by Night0wl; 04-11-2009 at 11:29 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    We let members speak their mind, we even have a tracker suggestion forum for members to hmm come up with better ways we can do things.

yes we do pick them apart 1 piece at a time, but thats the way it should be.

I believe it was more your attitude through it all, (Vuze is great, i refuse to use anything else, your hard luck) type of attitude, than your actual complaint that we did not allow it yet.

this was your opening thread

Since there is obviously no answer coming in relevant thread.

How long does it take to add a perfectly good client update to the allowed clients on site. A month, a year.. or is it just purposely done to annoy the living **** out of Vuze users?
    that is why my reply was a bit, hmm blunt to say the least.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast