Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Elektronik has BANNED Egypt

Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I took me a week on unanswered questions about it, not just from me, to get to that point.

It was the only option left, because writing anything in a normal "pleasant" fashion was just left unanswered.

You still haven't quoted exactly where I said I didn't want the account.
    Last edited by Night0wl; 04-11-2009 at 11:51 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    elektROnik's Avatar retired BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    BlackKnight, i said it's an extreme measure then cause i thought they did it just to go with the trend(SCT previously banned RO, SCC was first).
    And believe me, Romanian users are way easier to ban than Egyptians.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post
    Not just BCG members, all torrenters are lucky to have him in torrent world, we all benefit from his presence here.
    Time to crawl out of his ass yet?

I think they were just fed up with finding cheaters/traders/sellers who turned out to be Egyptian. Banning the entire country may not be fair to the good users from Egypt, but it's one way of putting an end to all that time wasted on worthless lowlifes.

A good thing to do now, would be to perhaps make a temp irc chan to allow the good users of Egypt to request their accounts be re-enabled. This way it's almost like working backwards from the signup progress - nobody gets in without having proven themselves beforehand.

But meh, end of the day, their site, their rules
    That's a good idea, and was how I got my softmp3 account back after the mass banning

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    Quote Originally Posted by elektROnik View Post
    Patriot foreve, i'll ignore for now cause i'm afraid you don't know what you're talking about(easy/hard-ways etc).
    to me i think you guys are doing the samethings that some trackers did to romania by banning the whole country in various other trackers

personally i don't approve banning a whole country for any reason because i am sure that in any place there is the good and the bad and there are alot of good people in each country who have been sharing,uploading and seeding their torrents to help other members in that place

what some trackers do now is banning the whole country ,what do you think i should do when i see that ,why would i care to share or support the tracker if a tracker may ban my whole country in the future?

have you guys thought about the good members in your tracker,have you done anything to protect them and exclude them from such measures?

i am totally supporting you in banning and getting rid of bad apples in the tracker but banning whole countries isn't really a solution
    The life you live for others is the one worth living

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot foreve View Post
    Patriot foreve, i'll ignore for now cause i'm afraid you don't know what you're talking about(easy/hard-ways etc).
    to me i think you guys are doing the samethings that some trackers did to romania by banning the whole country in various other trackers

personally i don't approve banning a whole country for any reason because i am sure that in any place there is the good and the bad and there are alot of good people in each country who have been sharing,uploading and seeding their torrents to help other members in that place

what some trackers do now is banning the whole country ,what do you think i should do when i see that ,why would i care to share or support the tracker if a tracker may ban my whole country in the future?

have you guys thought about the good members in your tracker,have you done anything to protect them and exclude them from such measures?

i am totally supporting you in banning and getting rid of bad apples in the tracker but banning whole countries isn't really a solution
    1)I wish some people could apply same logic to traders as well.
    2)Absolutely right, it is also applicable to inactivity, if i can be banned from a tracker just because of 2 months of inactivity(told the staff about my condition) that i really put effort too, then what is the point in supporting them? wont probably make that mistake again.
    3)agreed on this one too
    Last edited by bilkenter; 04-12-2009 at 08:23 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    elektROnik's Avatar retired BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Patriot foreve, i can't really think of 2 good users from Egypt..

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    <^>^<^>
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
    i see Egypt banned from al trackers soon :S
    Not from BCG while i am in charge, i dont believe in banning entire countries.
    One more reason to be one of Stoi' Fans

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    Egypt has many good users
    Last edited by manhunt007; 04-13-2009 at 08:46 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by 010 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post

Not from BCG while i am in charge, i dont believe in banning entire countries.
    One more reason to be one of Stoi' Fans
    give him a kiss to

Quote Originally Posted by manhunt007 View Post
    Egypt has many good users

are you joking ?
    Last edited by Swift; 04-13-2009 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    that's the same thing that some other trackers gave while banning romania,poland,brazil,israel,portugal and other countries in other various trackers

if there are alot of bad apples then it doesn't mean that all trhe apples in the basket are bad
    The life you live for others is the one worth living

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast